Can't capture recorded TV with Mac OS X and DCT3416 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-2007, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have successfully recorded live TV via firewire (SDK 23) and AVCVideoCap on my DCT3416-I using advice posted on these forums. What I can't seem to get to work is playing back recorded programs from the DVR. I follow the same steps for live TV and the playback is a blank screen. I have verified this for "copy freely" and "copy once" and both regular and HDTV. Nothing seems to work. I have noticed other user posts with the same problem and no answers.

I have Cox as a cable provider, not Comcast. Do I need to hack additional settings on the DVR?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-12-2007, 12:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

You're supposed to get a black screen for "copy once" content since you can't view / record that with a PC. However, you should be getting a picture on "copy freely" content.

HDTV Recorder Comparison Chart | DTVPal DVR FAQ | New! TiVo Premiere (Series4) FAQ |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Both "Copy Once" and "Copy Freely" result in a blank screen for recorded TV. For example, I recorded to my DVR the A&E Star Wars Special. When I tried to record from my DVR to my Mac, it said "Copy Freely", but a blank screen appeared.

Live TV works as expected: "Copy Once" produces a blank screen and "Copy Freely" returns a the recorded TV as expected. I have successfully recorded multiple episodes of "Dirty Jobs" off of the Discovery Channel.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page