DirectTV DVR Over The Air Help - AVS Forum
Digital Recorders (PVRs) General > DirectTV DVR Over The Air Help
barnetod's Avatar barnetod 01:54 PM 08-21-2007
I am going to be switching since I have mediacom to directv. If you search mediacom or were/are a customer you will understand why.

I live in a market where there are no local channels but i cannot purchase the dns channels since signal strength of locals is good.

I am curious how and if the local channels via over the air antenna will record on my dvr or not. The sales person are 1888 directv or whatever are helpless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jboehle's Avatar jboehle 07:01 PM 09-09-2007
From what I understand, the DirecTV H20 DVR is not able to record OTA broadcasts.
Canis Lupus's Avatar Canis Lupus 02:08 PM 09-13-2007
barnetod,
yes the HR-20 DVR CAN record OTA. I use it all the time./

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnetod View Post

I am going to be switching since I have mediacom to directv. If you search mediacom or were/are a customer you will understand why.

I live in a market where there are no local channels but i cannot purchase the dns channels since signal strength of locals is good.

I am curious how and if the local channels via over the air antenna will record on my dvr or not. The sales person are 1888 directv or whatever are helpless.

ruadmaa's Avatar ruadmaa 02:16 PM 09-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnetod View Post

Yes, your directv DVR will record OTA signals perfectly. I have had Directv for many years and to the best of my knowledge, all Directv equipment will receive OTA signals. ALL Directv DVR equipment will record OTA. I get all my Chicago channels OTA and not only do they record perfectly but they are listed in the satellite program menu as well.
pkincy's Avatar pkincy 11:16 PM 09-28-2007
A continuation of this question/thread please.

Will the DirectV DVR (mine is a 10-250) record ota without a working access card. I own the DVR but no longer have DirectV (or cable) and am getting HDTV OTA by antenna.

I do miss my DVR however.

Perry
Up
Mobile  Desktop