sa 8300 hd ith time warner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-27-2007, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is there anyway to check how much available space you have on your dvr. i have a SA8300hd with time warner. my friend also has the same box but with IO and he can check his available free space, i cant. id like to avoid having to buy an external harddrive for added space. and it also sucks recording a new show only to have an older one automtically be deleted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-27-2007, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
With passport OS, you can only estimate the drive space from in the service menu.
Buts its not really necessary, the SA8300HD will warn you long before you are getting close to low space left by showing hourglass icons on the recorded shows and an estimate of when they would be deleted to make more space, usually days in advance. So just look at you recorded shows list regularly. Since the amount of space required for each show/channel varies a lot knowing the space left in GBytes doesn't tell how many shows you can record without making space very well.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-30-2007, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
thanx. is there a way to move these recorded tv shows off of my dvr and onto my computer so i can burn them onto dvd.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-30-2007, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4twent View Post

thanx. is there a way to move these recorded tv shows off of my dvr and onto my computer so i can burn them onto dvd.

There is no way to directly copy digital files from the DVR since they are encrypted. However you can record from the SD analog outputs (composite or s-video, plus stereo audio) to a PC video capture card and encode to DVD compatable MEG-2 format and then with appropriate software prepare a DVD. I do that using an ATI All-in-wonder video card, they support direct encoding to MPEG-2, then I use TMPGenc DVD to create a DVD compatable set of files and then Nero DVD burning software. I even edit out any commercials on some programs.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page