Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-09-2007, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok, this might be a tough one.

Note: This is for PAL.

I have an LG DVD DVR recorder. It displays in 2 resolutions 576i/p either one.
Now when i view recorded content off the HDD it looks beautiful and fills the entire screen. I think even when i record my content to DVD is also displays in full screen. Yes they are full screen too.

So the resolution should be 720x576i those are the settings i have been using. But when i get my DVD burned with content from it's HDD i used to get these movement lines in the film. I worked out that the problem was that it wasn't being interlaced. I fixed that when i ripped the DVD and made it into AVI. (The movement lines only appeared on PC)

But i have a new problem, when i play my video on my computer i get ugly black lines down the sides of my screen. This is being played through Windows Mediacentre

If you look at that picture, you'll notice that 576i is actually longer then 640x480 resolution. Is their anything i can do to remove these ugly black lines on the sides of my video? Shouldn't it be the exact same resolution on the DVD as my AVI .. so why am i getting it? Is it my comitor? But for my media centre it is displayed through S-video on a TV.

Althought i think it's come down to a 'Windows Mediacentre' problem, firstly it doesn't support 567i off the bat, secondly i don't think it forces the aspect ratio to 4:3.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page