SA 8300HD PVR not allowing to format/reset? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-28-2007, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My SA 8300HD box is currently having the issue with the HDD running all the time. I read in the thread about a month ago how to completely factory reset the STB and that solved the problem, but now the issue is back again and when I tried to follow the steps, instead of seeing HDD-1, HDD-2 and HDD-F when you press List 3 times, I just get D-2i after I press the (-) button.. any ideas what is going on? I didnt have this happen a month ago..

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Most DVRs run their hard drives 24/7. The SA may as well with the latest firmware.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-28-2007, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdtv View Post

Most DVRs run their hard drives 24/7. The SA may as well with the latest firmware.

Usually after about 5 minutes, you can hear the hard drives click off.. I found the last reason they didnt shut off was because it had prison break to tape on mondays, but when it went on break, it got lost and never shut off looking for it.

Now I am thinking its the same thing, that its lost again, and I want to reformat it completely.. last time I had no issues doing this

step1 : hold down select button until mail light appears
step 2: press (-)
step 3: press list 3 times until HDD-F appears, shut off box, done.. i was fine

Now when I press (-) on step 2.. I get D-2i appearing on my box and pressing list, just brings up my recorded schedule list.. why is that?
post #4 of 4 Old 11-29-2007, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

I solved my problem following these steps, which is different than what I did last time. Last time I was able to access the format menu right on the actual STB.. this time I had to use the remote and follow these steps:

Try this alternative to the "Lazy-man's diagnostic mode":

Press and hold the pause button for 10 seconds +/- until the mail light appears on the 8300's display.

Press "PAGE -" on the remote (instead of PAGE +).

"E-00" appears on the 8300's display.

"d-2." appears on the display if you press "3" on the remote.

if you press "LIST" 3 times, the hard drive will erase all the programs on it.

Still not sure why mine defaulted to "d-2" when I did it on the actual STB. Now that I formatted my HDD, the box shuts off after 2 minutes like it should, its no longer lost looking for a show that isnt on and spinning constantly. I can hear it click off after 2 minutes of inactivity.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General