Can Moto DCT6412-III be made to default to tuner #2 on startup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-30-2007, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We have Insight Digital 3.0. They provided a Motorola DCT6412-III DVR as the STB. Whenever you power it up it always tunes to an analog "Welcome to Insight" banner channel on startup. I checked in the diagnostic menu for the 6412 and what it is doing is starting up on tuner #1 which appears to be an analog tuner, whereas tuner #2 is the digital tuner.

Is there a way to set the 6412 to default to a digital channel on powerup instead of the analog "Insight Welcome Screen" channel?

I may not understand what is happening, and may not be describing it right, but mainly I want to find out if there is a way to get the DVR to always use tuner #2 on startup.

In the Inband D04 diag menu, tuner #2 shows an SNR usually between 34.5 and 36 db rated as "Good" (but does not display any AGC info... although AGC shows as 20 and is rated "Good" in the OOB D03 diag menu).

Firmware looks like v16.35 dated Feb 2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-24-2008, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I work for Insight. I don't think there is a way to change it from going to Channel 1, or as we call it, our "splash screen". The agc and signal noise pretty much discribes signal to noise on the digital carriers, or channels.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page