How do you setup the 6412 (Comcast) to record the same series on two different - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-12-2008, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
channels?

I want to record Battlestar Galatica which is running in HD on UHD and SciFi-HD. However when I setup a Series Record and choose All Channels in the "More Options Menu", it does not set the episodes on SciFi-HD to record, only those on UHD. I also tried selecting "New and Repeats" (even though the STB always picks up repeats) and "All and Duplicated." Neither started recording BSG on both channels. Is there anyway to setup a separate Series Recording for SciFi-HD? Or force it to record them on both channels?

Thanks in advance.

Josh
PSN: lax01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-14-2008, 11:06 AM

Liked: 10
I don't think there is if you have the TV-Guide software. The Microsoft software used to be able to do this but this is the same issue and trying to record a sporting event etc. by a keyword that happens at different times... not supported and this is why I bit the bullet and invested in Tivo.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by visceral View Post

I don't think there is if you have the TV-Guide software. The Microsoft software used to be able to do this but this is the same issue and trying to record a sporting event etc. by a keyword that happens at different times... not supported and this is why I bit the bullet and invested in Tivo.

Actually the problem is a bug (which I found after a little bit more searching) where the DVR will record the lowest numbered station it finds in the guide with the same channel name. So since SCIFI on channel 67 (whatever, the non-HD one) has the same name as the SCIFI HD channel, it will always record the lowest number unless you specifically set it to record the HD channel only. Stupid, buggy software....

Josh
PSN: lax01
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page