Motorola DCT6416 and DCH6416 Recording - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-18-2008, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have both the Motorola DCT6416 and DCH6416 DVR`s. My problem is on both DVR`S is when I watch part of a recorded show and go back later to watch were I left off, the show seems to defaut to the begining of the show again and this happens on both DVR`S. Does anyone else have this problem. I`m ready to call Time Warner. Thanks Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-18-2008, 07:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Not all DVRs keep reliable track of where you left off. It depends in part on the software used by the box.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-18-2008, 10:52 AM

Liked: 11
I've never kept track of how well the Motorola DVRs remember where you left off. I suspect, like many things in the Motorola DVRs, this information is kept in memory, for as long as there is memory enough to store it. The Motorola DVRs generally have insufficient memory capacity for what they're being asked to do these days (which is why, perhaps, Motorola is designing a new series of DVRs, the DCX- series). So many memory-dependent features are adversely affected. Other things you may notice is that the program guide data seems to have a lot of "To Be Announced" programs for dates more than a week in the future. It's caused by the same thing.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Not all DVRs keep reliable track of where you left off. It depends in part on the software used by the box.

They offer the feature so I expect it to work. Thats a standard feature on ALL recording equipment. I`ll point that out to Time Warner.Thanks guys. I`ll be calling Time Warner. Keith
post #5 of 5 Old 01-23-2008, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Guys , I found out what the problem was. When I stopped watching a recorded show, I`d shutdown everything but my Motorola is set to stay on the whole time, so when I`d go to pick up where I left off the DVR would start at the begining again. Talk about stupid. Keith
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General