When we record HD Fox on Comcast DVR it skips a lot? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2008, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My wife and I record quite a few shows and watch later. Well almost everytime we record something on Fox HD it skips and breaks up. When we record other shows form other stations either in HD or standard definition they are fine.

Does anyone else notice this on Fox HD? I've never recorded Fox in standard def but it might be worth trying to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i thought i recorded the superbowl and it looked fine... i'll have to double check.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:35 PM

On my setup only FOX has the audio breaking up on the HD. None of my other channels have that problem. I've been looking for a solution because I thought it was my problem or charters (as usual). Its now looking like a Fox HD thing. Sure hope not.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1010 View Post

My wife and I record quite a few shows and watch later. Well almost everytime we record something on Fox HD it skips and breaks up. When we record other shows form other stations either in HD or standard definition they are fine.

Does anyone else notice this on Fox HD? I've never recorded Fox in standard def but it might be worth trying to see.

Does this only occur when *recording* your Fox affiliate in HD? Or does it occur when watching it live? If it's the latter case, they're probably running that digital feed through a statistical multiplexer, which is being too aggressive at stripping data out and causing stream errors. I see this about once ever 4-6 months with my current cable provider and our CBS HD affiliate; I have to call them up and remind them to fix their statmux, and a couple days later everything's peachy again. If the former... dunno then. Maybe something the Comcast DVR box doesn't like about that stream in particular? Not sure what.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:48 AM

I'm having a similar problem with SPEED (non HD). I came here looking for answers to that issue, but only found more questions...

One question--are you using coax to connect the HD Cable Box to your DVR? I currently am. I think I'm going to try composite or something else and see if that resolves the issue.