JVC KT-SR2000 is dying... what to do? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, I'm looking for advice. I've had my JVC KT-SR2000 since December of 2004, and I love the portability. I've purchased 2 home kits, 2 car kits, and the boombox over the lifetime of the unit. I listen to it basically every day, from car to work to car to home. Lately, the head unit is starting to flub out on me, where it says "searching for satellite signal" even though it's connected with "full bar" connectivitiy, and I have to actually *SMACK* it like an old Apple computer for it to broadcast.

Seeing as how I've spent about $250 on accessories for this unit, I'd really like to just re-buy the same, outdated head unit. You see, I bought an antenna bypass for my PT Cruiser, where I shut off the outside FM signal to give my JVC a crystal-clear channel to broadcast to the car stereo. Does any other radio support this antenna bypass system?

So, I come here asking for your opinion -- do I re-buy the same old head unit (that I love), or do I upgrade to the newest and best? Are the Stilettos any good? How's the HD/record function (it interests me a lot)? Or do I wait for the possible merger and new equipment? I'm really confused at the moment, and I really cannot live without access to Sirius (namely, Radio 1). Money's not a big issue, but I really have no idea about the quality of any other Sirius head unit. Can I have your opinions?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Never mind... I bought another JVC KT-SR2000, and I'm glad I did it. I'll probably upgrade to a better model a decade from now anyways. To be honest, I do not like any of the other models currently on the market, including the Stilettos. I read up on the Stiletto 2, and while the reviews on Amazon were 50/50, the deal breaker was not being able to transfer recordings off the unit. If you include MP3 capabilities, and a micro SD slot, but they have nothing to do with satellite radio... that just confuses me right there. It's like putting an ice tray on the side of a toaster.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

I also use a JVC KT-SR2000 (Home Kit) to record the Stern show to my home theater pc on a daily basis. Its basically been on 24/7 for years without any problems. I also use the boombox during the summertime while bbq'ing in the backyard, great unit.

Visit me at petedz.com
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page