AVS Forum banner

Broadway Channel Display Information Format Changed For the Worst!

802 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pdmike 
#1 ·
My complaint concerns the way in which the song information is displayed on The Broadway Channel. With XM, when a song was playing, you could toggle to the Title and it would display the NAME OF THE SHOW from which the song comes.

With the change over, you no longer get the name of the show - now, the title displays the NAME OF THE ARTIST.

For me, the name of the artist is useless information. If I hear a song I like, I want to buy it. The only way to buy it is to know the name of the show from which it came. You purchase the CD on that basis. Knowing merely the name of the artist is not enough.

I don't know about you, but when it comes to Broadway Show tunes, I say, "what show is that from?" much more often than I say, "who is singing that song?"

Sometimes, the new system does state the name of the show. But they have managed to even screw this one up. When it is not possible to display the name of an individual artist in the show (perhaps a chorus is doing the singing), the name of the show is displayed BUT it is preceded by "Cast of."

The display screen in my car is limited in size. "Cast of" uses up more than half of the viewing area. If the show is "Cats," we're OK. If the show is "A Fuunny Thing Happened On The Way to the Forum," we have a problem. All you can see when the show has a long name like that is, "Cast of A . . "

PLEASE return the display format to show the name of the show (absent the unnecessary and redundant phrase, "Cast of") and not the name of the artist.

See less See more
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin j /forum/post/15098014

You ought to email this complaint to XM/Sirius.

I called the phone number for Sirius provided in the OP to the "Voice Your Protests" thread. Thanks a million to whoever put it up there. The guy was most polite. He talked to me for 15 minutes or so and said he would forward my thoughts to XM. He also gave me a number for XM, but I was not able to get it to work.

#4 ·
This isn't necessarily a merger thing. The information has always been inconsistent on 28 - sometimes showing the show/song, sometimes artist/song, sometimes composer/show. I haven't paid much attention since the merger, so things might have gotten worse. But it's never been right.

Cinemagic also has some inconsistencies, but it's nearly as bad (assuming it really is coming back and isn't dead).

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmoneous /forum/post/15098941

This isn't necessarily a merger thing. The information has always been inconsistent on 28 - sometimes showing the show/song, sometimes artist/song, sometimes composer/show. I haven't paid much attention since the merger, so things might have gotten worse. But it's never been right.

Cinemagic also has some inconsistencies, but it's nearly as bad (assuming it really is coming back and isn't dead).

Oh, it's a merger thing all right. I have been listening to XM's Broadway Channel for over two years, almost exclusively (as opposed to other XM channels). On rare occasions, XM would give you song/artist but the vast majority of the time, it was song/show. Now, all you get is song/artist, unless the singers are a chorus, and then you get "Cast of" and can't read the name of the show because "Cast of" takes up most of the display viewing area. XM never used this "Cast Of" business - that started only after (and immediately after) the switchover occurred.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.