AVS Forum banner

distributed sat radio - multiple zones

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Neurorad 
#1 ·
Anyone have recommendations for distributed sat radio, over multiple zones?

Ideally, with remote LCD keypad metadata display?

#4 ·
#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubSteeler /forum/post/15204347

I have no idea what you asking for, maybe something like this:

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-cond...em-p-3901.html

???

Distributed audio, retrofit (though I think I could get ethernet to most keypad locations easily), speakers home run already, through in-wall VC's.

I read somewhere today that Speakercraft cannot do sat radio metadata - Speakercraft's site sux - no manuals or spec sheets.

Everything I read about Speakercraft is pretty negative - especially their CEDIA booth this last Sept. But CI rec'd Speakercraft system to me this AM - he said it could do XM.

Their in-wall keypads look like they're well designed. I'll have to put my hands on a few to find out.

#6 ·
I agree about there booth it was strange but they had there reasons.

I have had good luck on the product. I have 1/2 dozen jobs with meta data using the mode. We use the onkyo T-4555 tuner and RSA -1.0. The other things with Speakercraft and alot of installers forget you have to match all the firmware, hence when you install a new system do firmware updates on eveything, this solves most eveyr complaint you may have heard.

Also the ADA stuff works super well but very expensive compared to the Sp.

Thanks

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury /forum/post/15210152

This is what i use....

http://www.nutone.com/product-detail.asp?ProductID=3046

I run an AUX to the Nutone from my computer.

that gives me sirius, itune(4000+songs) and internet radio. iv got speakers in most rooms and 4 speakers outside over the deck and by the pool.

Wow. Looks a lot like the M&S intercom system that came with my house.

(I think M&S and Nutone have since merged.)

I'm guessing you have speaker pairs for most rooms - the system I have has a single crappy speaker at each station. It's unusable.

That's a pretty cool setup you have, though. Alas, no distributed metadata.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.