AVS Forum banner

Need help choosing a receiver

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ClubSteeler 
#1 ·
I currently have an older Xact receiver in my bedroom and I can tune to 88.1 in any other room of my house and pick up the signal from Sirius.That unit is on it's way out so I am looking for another unit that will do the same thing.I know the transmitters in the newer units are horrible so I am looking for an older unit with the strong transmitter.I found the JVC KT-SR1000,which I know has the strong transmitter, but I have a question.The cradle for the car has the transmitter built in but does the home cradle have a transmitter?Will I be able to pick up the signal on other radios in the house that are tuned to 88.1?

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie845 /forum/post/15321937

The FM Mod range on the newer XM and Sirius units is about 3-4 feet. Another option is wireless speakers. I use them in the summer for my outdoor/backyard listening.

I wonder if SiriusXm will make it to THIS summer?Things are looking pretty bad for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.