fm transmitter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I am new to satellite radio and am looking at getting it for my 2005 Chev Trailblazer LS. It doesn't have a aux jack. I have a Belkin fm transmitter and I am wondering can I hook the transmitter up to the satellite radio and listen that way or do I need to wire the current radio?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail_hiker View Post

Hi,
I am new to satellite radio and am looking at getting it for my 2005 Chev Trailblazer LS. It doesn't have a aux jack. I have a Belkin fm transmitter and I am wondering can I hook the transmitter up to the satellite radio and listen that way or do I need to wire the current radio?

FM transmitters/modulators work fine. They're not the best SQ wise, but they work fine..

Just plug it into the Sat radio's earphone jack OR it's audio output jack on the units car dock.

PS..actually all of Sat radios have a built in FM transmitter.. But they suck so you're better off using an external transmitter.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

i was using usirius, orb, and a belkin in my truck, and although the sound quality sucked from the belkins interference i still looked forward to listening each morning...way over terrestrial. Didn't feel safe with orb running so now im waiting for a cash infusion to get the xmp3. I don't think that has a built in transmitter though and crossing my fingers the car package is better than my belkin.

Barry Bonds hit me 83 this year. Roethlisberger throw me 48 TD's the other year.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post

i was using usirius, orb, and a belkin in my truck, and although the sound quality sucked from the belkins interference i still looked forward to listening each morning...way over terrestrial. Didn't feel safe with orb running so now im waiting for a cash infusion to get the xmp3. I don't think that has a built in transmitter though and crossing my fingers the car package is better than my belkin.

I know of no XM unit that doesn't have FM modulation built it... BUT because of the FCC ruling the built in FM Mod strength sucks so you will need some sort of external help. XM's 'Sure Cconnect' Package works good. If your radio has the capability of course Aux-in or a cassette adapter works the best.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

The only thing about using the cassette adapter (which is what we use) is that when it's running, it's noisy. Not a big deal, I know, but it's irritating. It's like that squeak in the car that you can hear, but you just can't figure out where it's coming from, and it's driving you nuts...

I dunno, maybe we should try a different cassette adapter and see if that helps.

I sure did prefer using the FM transmitter back in the day when we could do so!

DGK