XM Signal Strength - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 01-03-2012, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very helpful info in this thread, and I wonder if it relates to a problem my wife has with the OEM XM in her '08 Nissan Pathfinder, which we purchased used about a year ago.

Her reception is noticeable worse on one channel (RadioClassics, channel 82) than other channels. On 82, she'll encounter drop outs or total reception loss in areas where other channels come in fine. Switching to another channel typically works fine, and even switching back to 82 sometimes seems to restore reception (even while the truck is stationary).

I assume XM reduces the bits/channel of 82 more than other stations since it's not a high quality original source and realize this reduces audio quality, but hadn't thought about reception. If I understand post above correctly, fewer bits/channel can reduce reception?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 06-03-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

not sure if this is the right thread. but does any one else have signal issues in Pungo area of VA beach, VA?

I dont have any troubles any where else but it seams when i drive to Pungo area i loose signal all the time,
i have a 12 lacrosse.

Thanks

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT Vz or D*
post #33 of 34 Old 05-30-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I have Sirius in my truck and the wife just bought a 2014 Subaru with XM. Her dropouts are awful. I might lose a couple of seconds now and then, but she loses 10-20 seconds a lot. She is already sorry she signed up and plans to drop it a renewal time. We live in VT, but drove down to Cape Cod with wide open spaces on the road and still had dropouts.
post #34 of 34 Old 06-01-2014, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
May be a bad antenna, antenna wire, connector, or tuner.

I live in the SE USA and I can get dropouts if there are a bunch of trees or mountains right up against the South side of the road but, generally speaking, it works quite well.
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page