additional radio - how to add at a reduced plan price - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-02-2010, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have 2 xm radios and have a good rate (5 for 20 or so) but know I need to add a new radio and do not want to pay full rate. Any thoughts how to get a good rate since it is not like I am "walking away" or canceling.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM

I'm not sure if XM works like Sirius does, but when I added a 2nd subscription to my Sirius account all I had to do was log in to my online sirius account and there was a tab to add a 2nd line/subscription. The reduced price was automatically factored in.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-04-2010, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by erock9174 View Post

I'm not sure if XM works like Sirius does, but when I added a 2nd subscription to my Sirius account all I had to do was log in to my online sirius account and there was a tab to add a 2nd line/subscription. The reduced price was automatically factored in.

I think he is talking about the customer retention deal and not just the family plan discount (which cost more than the 5 months for $20 deal).

If I were you I'd call and say that I'd like to activate the radio and would like to know the cost. After they tell you the standard pricing just say that it is too expensive. Then they offer the deal or you let you go. You'll eventually get a deal in the mail, but would need to wait a month or two.

I've also got two radios going on their own plan because it is cheaper than the family plan. I'm on retention deal number six or seven at this point.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-04-2010, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

My current deal (5 mth for 20) was going to expire in May so I just called - indicated I want to cancel, they offered the same deal. I mentioned I would be interested in adding a new radio if the price was rite. They gave me the same terms. I ll be happy for my 5 months and do it again. Thanks!

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page