XM Outdoor Antenna - Can't get signal ??? - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > XM and Sirius Satellite Radio > XM Outdoor Antenna - Can't get signal ???

XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

rocksolidav's Avatar rocksolidav
04:17 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 5
06-01-2010 | Posts: 3
Having a hard time getting signal in North Jersey. I have a Terk XM antenna and a Crestron Adagio system. I have aimed this thing every way possible and can't get a high signal. Keeps cutting in and out. Just to be sure......XM should be South correct????

I have seen this Delphi Repeater. Will this work on any XM Tuner?

Thank You In Advance for any help.
Joel Graffman's Avatar Joel Graffman
07:32 AM Liked: 10
post #2 of 5
06-02-2010 | Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksolidav View Post

Having a hard time getting signal in North Jersey. I have a Terk XM antenna and a Crestron Adagio system. I have aimed this thing every way possible and can't get a high signal. Keeps cutting in and out. Just to be sure......XM should be South correct????

I have seen this Delphi Repeater. Will this work on any XM Tuner?

Thank You In Advance for any help.

Point your antenna SSW (223 degrees true), elevation should be 27 degrees above the horizon. Azimuth and elevation positioning are both important. There is a satellite calculator at http://www.csgnetwork.com/antennasatelazposcalc.html

This antenna works very well in my attic ( 30' cable run ), and seems to have a much higher gain than the supplied antenna.
Dukefrukem's Avatar Dukefrukem
02:15 PM Liked: 10
post #3 of 5
06-02-2010 | Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Graffman View Post

Point your antenna SSW (223 degrees true), elevation should be 27 degrees above the horizon. Azimuth and elevation positioning are both important. There is a satellite calculator at http://www.csgnetwork.com/antennasatelazposcalc.html

This antenna works very well in my attic ( 30' cable run ), and seems to have a much higher gain than the supplied antenna.

Depending on where you live, there are optimal directions on pointing the antenna.
rocksolidav's Avatar rocksolidav
07:41 AM Liked: 10
post #4 of 5
06-05-2010 | Posts: 3
Thanks for your help. Never saw that calculator link.....very helpful. I'll give it a try this week.
Brad Bishop's Avatar Brad Bishop
04:31 PM Liked: 17
post #5 of 5
06-17-2010 | Posts: 266
I have the Terk XM Outdoor antenna. I had problems receiving a signal a few months back and started investigating different antennas. Turns out it was the cable. It may be cheaper/easier to just swap out the COAX cable (make sure it's the outdoor kind with the rubber gaskets).

Hook your XM Radio directly up to it to be sure you have signal before getting the repeater. If you have signal then definitely get the repeater - it works great. I have my Terk XM antenna mounted to the railing of the balcony of my apt and feed it directly into the repeater which feeds XM tuners in my apt. Works great.
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Subscribe to this Thread