Stiletto 100 vehicle installation help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-10-2010, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had my SL 100 for 2 1/2 years now and I am just now getting around to hooking it up in my car. I can get signal (albeit not great) without a dock. I am wondering if it necessary to go buy a vehicle kit or if I can just get an antenna. I just need a little signal boost and would rather spend $20+ compared to $50. Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-14-2010, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallz86 View Post

I have had my SL 100 for 2 1/2 years now and I am just now getting around to hooking it up in my car. I can get signal (albeit not great) without a dock. I am wondering if it necessary to go buy a vehicle kit or if I can just get an antenna. I just need a little signal boost and would rather spend $20+ compared to $50. Thanks for the help

Just get a vehicle(and home dock too IMHO) dock from EBay, or find one on craigslist near you.

They typically sell for around $25-$30(fair price is $20-$25/each IMHO. Don't go any higher) on EBay.

So spend a few bucks more, get an antenna with the car dock, place it on the roof of your car, and don't worry about anything anymore.

Go cheap, and you are going to run into trouble/problems. The difference in cost between what you suggest and what you really want is between $10-$15.

Trust me. It is worth the extra dough.
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page