Did Sirius brick my radio? Call to activate - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-19-2010, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK so long short short my radio was working fine on my way into work. While at work I added a second radio. When I got out my current radio said "updating channels" and upon reset said call to subscribe. I called them and they tried sending the activation signal multiple times with no luck wasting an hour of my time on the phone. They told me to try tomorrow.

I expressed to them it must be their fault since this just happened to occur right after I added a radio, literally the next time I got in my car to leave work turned my current radio on, but they insist that is not the case and my radio must have just "happened" to go bad at that very time.

Needless to say I am FURIOUS! Is there a corporate number I can call or a way to fix this myself since the outsourced tech support has NO idea how to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE: I called sirius corporate relations number 212-584-5100. I told them I had a complaint and she offered to take it or direct me to corporate customer relations. I chose the second option figuring if it went nowhere I could always complain after. The woman tried a few things that customer service already had before saying my radio was bad. She offered to send me a discunted Stratus 6 ($12) but I told her I wanted the same features and didn't feel I should have to pay. She then said she would check and call me back. Within 15 minutes she called and said she could get me a refurbished replacement at no cost to me from the warranty department (even though my radio is 5 yrs old). I just have to ship my old radio back with a pre-paid label when I get it. It should take 5-7 days she said so I will report back when I hear from her.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-22-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protivakid View Post

discunted Stratus 6

I want one of these radios too!
post #4 of 4 Old 06-22-2010, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter