Internet Radio fradudulent charges - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi all,
I wanted to vent for a few minutes about an issue with Sirius.

I found out that I was being billed $2.99 monthly for Sirius Internet radio. The problem is that I never signed up for this service. I have a Sirius radio in my car for which I have a yearly renew. Apparently the charges have been going on for quite a while (14 months). Now I will admit that I don't scrutinize my credit card statements with a fine tooth comb. A $2.99 charge will slip by me. So don't admonish me about this.

I called Sirius and told them that I never signed up for this service and I want a refund. The rep claimed that I must have signed up. (I know that I never would have signed up for this because I would NEVER use it). I asked for proof. He took a few minutes to look through my account. In the last 2 years I only had 1 call to them and that was unrelated. So he said "Hmmm....It looks like you never did sign up". At this point I was expecting a refund. But to my astonishment "Franklin" the service rep, said pretty much, tough luck I can't do anything for you other than refund 2 months.
I tried explaining that this was a fraudulent charge. He insisted there was nothing he could do even though he admitted that I never signed up for internet radio. I asked for his supervisor. He puts me on hold for about 30 mins. He kept checking back in with me every 5-10 mins to tell me that his supervisor would be on in 1 minute. After 30 mins or so, I hear a click and I was disconnected.

Undaunted, I called back. This time I got Jeremy. He looks at my account and sees that I never signed up for internet radio. He apologizes and explains that he cannot reverse the charges....BUT he could give me a deal where I basically get 5 months of service for my car radio for free. In the end I came out a few bucks ahead. I would have been ok to break even. So thanks Jeremy. Thanks for lying Franklin and Sirius STOP charging people fraudulently. I am still shaking my head at this. I can't imagine that I am the only one that had this happen. I can't believe that they admitted that they charged me for something for which I didn't order but then tell me too bad.

ok...I feel better now. Thanks.

Dino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Perhaps at one time you decided to check out streaming online when it was free? I did that and then they began charging, even though I never officially signed up. I finally canceled my service as I couldn't get anyone to quit the streaming fee. Their customer service is horrible and I wouldn't recommend them for anyone anymore.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page