11Likes
post #271 of 272 Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSXM View Post
I do not believe this to be the case. I was an early on purchaser of the lifetime subscription. Have done several transfers. Most recent was a couple years ago when they tried telling me that I was out of transfers, I raised a bit of a fuss and they relented as I had subscribed before they started putting the limits on them.

Anybody have an original copy of the Sirius lifetime agreement? I would be interested in seeing it.

G.
The first lifetime I bought (I bought a few over the years) was in 2004 and I'm fairly certain I remember it being a 3-transfers deal. That may be me remembering later deals, though.

Sorry for any confusion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 272 Unread Today, 02:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Wolff View Post
Thanks for the response! First, I called prior to 8am and the CSR did in fact have to refer to his documentation to see what terms applied to the exact year of my lifetime purchase. That's what he explicitly stated to me anyhow. Although the section that I copy and pasted from SiriusXM may mostly be referring to non-vehicle radios, I believe this is what he referenced.

Second, regardless of the unfortunate situation that I'm in, as well as many others, I am able to transfer the subscription one last time, which is why my original question, "Can I transfer this to a tuner and simply remove from one car to the other", as one of the other forum users alluded to (well, explicitly stated as well), still stands. One user stated it was possible, I'm merely fishing for someone else to confirm that option.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Before June 20, 2005: Yes, it is transferable from one radio to another any number of times.*
From June 20, 2005 until September 7, 2007: Yes, your Lifetime subscription is transferable a maximum of three times.*
On or after September 8, 2007: Lifetime subscriptions associated with home, portable or dock & play radios can be transferred a maximum of three times.* Lifetime subscriptions first associated with or transferred to radios installed in vehicles by automakers or dealers are NOT transferable unless the radio is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective.
I purchased my Sirius Everything Lifetime subscription on December 30, 2007, and at least three of the Customer Service Reps/Sales Team I spoke with at the time assured me that I could transfer as many times as I wanted as long as I paid the $75 charge to do it. I remember it clearly because at the time the "lifetime" bet was significant ($415.89 for a service that might end with the company going belly up in 6 months!) and I had no idea how many times I would need to transfer from one radio to another since I also had no idea how durable their radios would be. So I asked that specific question of every person in the chain before the Sirius Everything Lifetime subscription purchase was finalized and got the same answer; "You can transfer it as many times as you want".

I should also say I don't recall ever getting anything about any of it in writing, other than a charge on my credit card for $415.89. Yes, the fine print in the Sirius promotional ad might have said something about how many times it could be transferred but I don't remember that either. However, I do remember what the Customer Service Reps/Sales Team were telling me at the point of purchase...which I realize isn't worth anything at this point. But I can attest that "as many times as you want" was still being pitched by the Sirius Sales Team to help them sell lifetime subscritions on December 30, 2007, whether it was true or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page