Sirius Lifetimers Beware - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last
XM and Sirius Satellite Radio > Sirius Lifetimers Beware
nynv's Avatar nynv 11:14 AM 01-22-2013
What does this mean? SiriusXM receivers are universal now?

nynv's Avatar nynv 11:16 AM 01-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post

Systems have been updated since 1/20/13, & the merge was successful. The computers were lagging & kept freezing yesterday. It is expected since it's a huge update throughout the entire system, I had to reboot my computer twice, some more than others. It was a mess yesterday, but the merging of your accounts is attainable, just be expecting to wait a few extra minutes for the lagging system.

What does this mean? Are Sirius and XM receivers universal now?
joeepistonee's Avatar joeepistonee 02:25 PM 01-22-2013
Not the receivers, our system has been updated to allow Sirius & XM radios to all be consolidated onto the same accounts. This hasn't been able to be done since the merge in 2008. The first time it was attempted it crashed the system. You can now swap any radio you have, for any radio you want, where as you used to have to open a brand new account & keep all your other radios separate.
elephant98's Avatar elephant98 02:28 PM 01-22-2013
I had a Sirius lifetime plan, with free internet radio, that I purchased on a Ford OEM unit back in June of 2007. I called Sirius XM this afternoon and they switched the subscription over to a Honda OEM unit for $75. That gave me an XM select lifetime plan and I still had the free internet access. In order to get XM Premier, I paid $100 and had to give up the free internet access. I wasn't able to get Sirius XM on my smartphone anyway with my "free" internet access. I was always required to pay an additional $3.50/month, which is the going rate for such service. So, in all, I was pleased with the customer service I received. It was a very easy transition.
joeepistonee's Avatar joeepistonee 09:53 PM 01-22-2013
Yikes, I'm sorry, that completely slipped my mind. I probably should have mentioned whenever you alter service you lose your free internet as well. I'm sorry I forgot to menion that before, but I'm glad you were pleased with the customer service you received, that's GREAT to hear!
tighr's Avatar tighr 10:19 AM 01-23-2013
I already don't get free internet, so if I ever need to transfer my OEM at least I'll give it an effort. Did they change the policy about transferring OEMs, or is it still a "ask nice and you may receive" type situation?
joeepistonee's Avatar joeepistonee 01:19 PM 01-23-2013
Still the same about being nice. The closer you are to the September 2007 date of purchase, the more likely you are able to transfer the Lifetime without an issue.
Elliott Taylor's Avatar Elliott Taylor 05:49 PM 02-25-2013
Did you ever get a definitive answer? I had just gotten off the phone for the second time today to have been told two completely different things. This morning I was told that I could transfer my Serious lifetime with free internet radio to a Lynx, but if I wanted to keep Howard and other channels on the satellite part, I would need to update to XM premium for a onetime fee of $100, and I asked three times, “and you are sure that I will keep my free internet radio” and she answered yes three times. After searching many forums and especially here, I called again because I already got the Lynx this morning and just wanted to make sure. So the guys tells me that I can A) just transfer the lifetime to the radio but will not get some channels including Howard, but will continue to get those channels via my free internet radio, or B) upgrade to XM premium for a onetime fee of $100, and will get Howard, plus some other channels, BUT will possibly lose the free internet radio. I said possibly? Please just tell me straight will I or will I not loose internet radio, and he said yes I will lose internet radio. The 3rd option is to just transfer to an older Sirius radio (although brand new) and nothing will change. I am so tired of trying to keep my “free” internet radio (that I can’t use on my most used computer devices like iPad and android phone) that I think I am just going to go for the lifetime XM premium……You know if they confuse you and/or just sour the milk enough so that you are thoroughly disgusted and you just give in…..UNCLE!....UNCLE!mad.gif
joeepistonee's Avatar joeepistonee 11:08 PM 02-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Taylor View Post

Did you ever get a definitive answer? I had just gotten off the phone for the second time today to have been told two completely different things. This morning I was told that I could transfer my Serious lifetime with free internet radio to a Lynx, but if I wanted to keep Howard and other channels on the satellite part, I would need to update to XM premium for a onetime fee of $100, and I asked three times, “and you are sure that I will keep my free internet radio” and she answered yes three times. After searching many forums and especially here, I called again because I already got the Lynx this morning and just wanted to make sure. So the guys tells me that I can A) just transfer the lifetime to the radio but will not get some channels including Howard, but will continue to get those channels via my free internet radio, or B) upgrade to XM premium for a onetime fee of $100, and will get Howard, plus some other channels, BUT will possibly lose the free internet radio. I said possibly? Please just tell me straight will I or will I not loose internet radio, and he said yes I will lose internet radio. The 3rd option is to just transfer to an older Sirius radio (although brand new) and nothing will change. I am so tired of trying to keep my “free” internet radio (that I can’t use on my most used computer devices like iPad and android phone) that I think I am just going to go for the lifetime XM premium……You know if they confuse you and/or just sour the milk enough so that you are thoroughly disgusted and you just give in…..UNCLE!....UNCLE!mad.gif

It is a definite that you WILL lose your free Internet Subscription when you ALTER service. So if you're still wanting to keep your free Internet Subscription, I would suggest going out and buying another Sirius radio so you have no problems losing the stations you enjoy already.
Elliott Taylor's Avatar Elliott Taylor 02:12 PM 02-27-2013
Yeah I did lose it but did get some satisfaction.... whoever said to go to facebook and post on the SiriusXM account was right on the money. I received a questionaire this morning which I filled out, a person called me this afternoon and took the time to listen to me then tried to make it right somehow. They ended up giving me a year of internet radio for free and they waved the transfer fee. On top of that it only cost me 88 dollars for the XM premium lifetime plan switch to accomidate the radio, so all in all I am satisfied, really all they had to do was tell me straight and make an effort.wink.gif
joeepistonee's Avatar joeepistonee 11:12 PM 02-27-2013
Well I'm glad they got the issue resolved in a timely manner. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
SNY200's Avatar SNY200 04:46 PM 04-03-2013
I have a lifetime satellite radio with free internet radio. I wanted to be able to use my iphone so I decided to pay the 3.50 a month to get it. Before I signed up I said I don't want to lose my free internet radio and they said I wouldn't lose it. Next thing I know They took away my free internet radio without letting me know. I called up to let them know that I didn't agree to that. They said well it is changed there is nothing we can do. We don't offer free internet radio anymore. I kept saying I didn't agree to that and he said we can take away internet radio whenever we want. I then said is this fair and he said it might not be fair to you but it is fair to us. After hours on the phone with customer service. I am without my free internet radio. Any suggestions. Thanks
joeepistonee's Avatar joeepistonee 11:13 PM 04-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNY200 View Post

I have a lifetime satellite radio with free internet radio. I wanted to be able to use my iphone so I decided to pay the 3.50 a month to get it. Before I signed up I said I don't want to lose my free internet radio and they said I wouldn't lose it. Next thing I know They took away my free internet radio without letting me know. I called up to let them know that I didn't agree to that. They said well it is changed there is nothing we can do. We don't offer free internet radio anymore. I kept saying I didn't agree to that and he said we can take away internet radio whenever we want. I then said is this fair and he said it might not be fair to you but it is fair to us. After hours on the phone with customer service. I am without my free internet radio. Any suggestions. Thanks

You gave away the answer in your second sentence. You may not have "agreed" to have your free internet radio taken away, but it's how things work. I'm sorry it wasn't explained properly, but it's out of any LCR's hands, you would have to email corporate about that. Lifetimes came with free internet, which was just before the big smartphone boom of things, so it wasn't included. The only thing you got internet radio for was a computer, so when you changed it to paying service, it took away your free & is now charging you $3.50/mo. I guess it is better that paying the MRD (Multi-Reciever Discount) rate of $9.99/mo, but still, I can understand why you're annoyed.

I know it doesn't help now, but unless you were positive you wanted to use your phone so much, I honestly would have asked, or I would have even given you a month free to "test" it out to see if it was even worth it. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I suggest contacting corporate or via facebook to see if they can help you out to try & work something out.
hitchfan's Avatar hitchfan 08:54 PM 04-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post

Lifetimes came with free internet, which was just before the big smartphone boom of things, so it wasn't included.
Smartphones, MP3 players, iPads, Tabs, etc. are all computers. And they are all capable of Internet access (MP3 players like an IPod Touch, that is), just like my 17.3" screen ASUS laptop and my 13" screen Sony Vaio laptop, both of which receive Sirius via the Internet. When I ponied up for my Lifetime Sirius Everything package, I don't recall a clause in the sales pitch for it limiting the lifetime free Internet access to computers with screens 13" diagonal or greater.
joeepistonee's Avatar joeepistonee 09:35 PM 04-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchfan View Post

Smartphones, MP3 players, iPads, Tabs, etc. are all computers. And they are all capable of Internet access (MP3 players like an IPod Touch, that is), just like my 17.3" screen ASUS laptop and my 13" screen Sony Vaio laptop, both of which receive Sirius via the Internet. When I ponied up for my Lifetime Sirius Everything package, I don't recall a clause in the sales pitch for it limiting the lifetime free Internet access to computers with screens 13" diagonal or greater.

I don't make the rules, I just tell them, sorry. There was actually an article about this today when I arrived at work. It stated the free internet was for computers & laptops, like I said, because it was before the smartphone boom came into play. In order to use the app on a smartphone or tablet, it is an 'upgraded' service so it in fact needs to be paid for. That's just what the rules are & how they will probably stay. Corporate, if they ever made the decision, would have to run through every single Lifetime subscription & change whatever code it has preventing it from gaining access to the app. I don't know houw simple or difficult it is, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
hitchfan's Avatar hitchfan 07:29 PM 04-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post

I don't make the rules, I just tell them, sorry. There was actually an article about this today when I arrived at work. It stated the free internet was for computers & laptops, like I said, because it was before the smartphone boom came into play. In order to use the app on a smartphone or tablet, it is an 'upgraded' service so it in fact needs to be paid for. That's just what the rules are & how they will probably stay. Corporate, if they ever made the decision, would have to run through every single Lifetime subscription & change whatever code it has preventing it from gaining access to the app. I don't know houw simple or difficult it is, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
I appreciate your input and contributions to these issues. Truly. An insider's view like yours is invaluable.

However, I put the "Smartphones are computers" argument out there because, frankly, should SNY200 and others take your advice and contact corporate about this, I believe their position is made stronger by pointing out the reality that a smartphone is also a computer rather than deferring to a memo you got that ignores that reality. That doesn't mean he'll get anywhere using that argument with corporate. But he might. And, someday, we all might. On the other hand, I know he won't get anywhere if he essentially says, "Oh, you sent out a memo suggesting the inaccuracy that a smartphone is not a computer? Well, that settles it, you win."

Mind you, I'm not talking about accessing SiriusXM free of charge via a cellphone service provider's data stream. I realize that was not specifically included in the Lifetime Sirius Everything deal originally. But there is really no ethical reason to exclude a smartphone or iPod Touch type MP3 player computer from accessing SiriusXM free of charge via a wi-fi hotspot for Lifetime Sirius Everything subscribers simply because the screen on that computer tops out at about 5.5" or to exclude an iPad because that computer's screen tops out at about 10".
joeepistonee's Avatar joeepistonee 10:59 PM 04-05-2013
Yea, I know exactly where you're coming from, frankly a lot of things that SiriusXM does, even as an employee, make no sense to me at all. I'm put in awkward situations all the time, which nine times out of ten involve peoples hard earned money that I can't return.

In regards to the smartphone thing, I'm going to assume it's forced to be payed due to it being some sort of "convenience" to customers. That's honestly the only reason I can come up with myself, & I'm sure a few others. The debate will probably never end, or be resolved. The only thing I know & have read on the forums is some people resorting to dealing with corporate & getting access to the app that way. Otherwise, I don't think it ever will be available to everyone with a Lifetime.
hitchfan's Avatar hitchfan 02:09 AM 04-06-2013
As far as SiriusXM corporate deciding to charge an additional fee for the convenience associated with accessing their service via a (wi-fi enabled) smartphone, MP3 player, iPad etc. for any of their subscribers much less the earlier Lifetime Sirius Everything subscribers, you might be right. Someone at corporate probably decided they ought not leave their customers' relative pocket money on the table as long as there were some takers for the idea.

However, I wonder how many takers Netflix corporate would have gotten for the idea of established and future Netflix subscribers paying an additional $3.99 per month to access their Netflix subscription service via a smartphone, an iPod Touch, an iPad, or, for that matter, how about all those wi-fi enabled SmartTVs, XBoxes, Sony Play Stations, Blu-ray players, Roku boxes and so on that provide Netflix subscribers the convenience of watching Netflix via those devices instead of just watching it on desk top computers and laptops.
nCubed's Avatar nCubed 11:23 AM 04-06-2013
Adding to the voice of we who have been dupped because we didn't ask....

In Jan-2009 we purchased the full Sirius Lifetime subscription plan for our aftermarket Sirius radio which included lifetime online listening.

In June-2011 we added the ability to listen to Sirius with our Android device for a monthly fee; we understand that an App takes resources to build and isn't just a browser based system, so no big deal, we'll pay the monthly fee.

In June-2012 we canceled our Android device listening and this is where we got dupped. When we added the Android service, we were *never* told that if we upgrade our service, we will forever lose our lifetime subscription to online radio. We were told this *after* the fact when we canceled the Android service.

I've read through this thread and the prevailing comments are that we, as the consumer, should have asked if we would be canceling our lifetime subscription to online listening by purchasing the Android listening subscription. I find this thought puzzling... why on earth would we ever, ever, ever (did I say ever?) think that a service we paid for with a lifetime subscription would be canceled by paying for new services?

We have gone round and round with Sirius(XM) over the past year and have seen some disturbing events occur:

1. In June-2012 when we were canceling our Android service, we were logged into the Sirius account management page while we were talking with the rep. 1/2 way through the call, our account log-in failed. We kept trying to log-in with our existing user name / password. After pointing this out to the rep, she said we have to use our email address?

WHAT? Within a 30 minute window, our account log-in was changed by Sirius, though they will not admit to this. My theory is that a senior Sirius rep "switched" our account over from the Sirius system to the new Sirius(XM) system. At that time, our lifetime online subscription plan was canceled by Sirius as well.

The account rep was adamant that she did not change our log-in. We know we didn't change our log-in. But, somehow the account log-in changed while we were on the phone with Sirius trying to get our services that we had paid for back on our account, re: lifetime of online listening.

2. Over the past year, Sirius(XM) has stated that we will not have the lifetime subscription service for online listening because they do not offer that plan anymore. And that we agreed to this when we added the ability to use the Android app. Again, why would we ever agree to cancel a service we had paid for with a lifetime subscription in favor of paying a monthly fee for the same service? Dupped!

3. Finally, each time we've called, we've asked Sirius to look into how our account log-in was changed since we did not make the change. Each time, the rep said they have logged the incident and their security team will investigate and will call us back within 7-10 days. No return calls, ever.

The account rep will try to diffuse the situation by offering 1-year of free online service; that may work for some, but we will never agree to this. We paid for our lifetime subscription for the satellite radio and online radio.

All we are asking is that Sirius honor the terms we all agreed to when we shelled out the cash for the lifetime subscription. What recourse do we have now that they've had our cash for several years? None...
tighr's Avatar tighr 12:10 AM 04-08-2013
I didn't realize that free online listening (from a browser only) meant so much to so many people. My radio works fine; if I'm on a computer, I've got Pandora.

And Sirius still doesn't have a channel dedicated to music 2000-2009... The Pulse doesn't count because it still plays new music and at this point is essentially a Hits1 clone. Pop2k isn't available on Sirius.
Brad Bishop's Avatar Brad Bishop 06:45 AM 04-08-2013
I think it's more of the general weaseliness of SiriusXM that gets people annoyed.

The main points are:
- they paid for lifetime and internet streaming was included with that.
- Oh, you want the good-over 32Kbps stream - sorry, that's not included.
- Oh, you want to listen to the crappy 32Kbps stream that was included with your lifetime purchase: Sure, you can listen to it anywhere you drag a properly sized computer. Computers such as cellphones or tablets are not included.
- Sure we'll sell you the good internet stream on a monthly basis that'll actually sound good and work everywhere (Shhhh.. You'll lost your free crappy stream that you've already paid a lifetime price for).
- Want to get a new Lynx Radio, pay the $75 fee and listen to some new channels? No problem. You'll lose your already paid for crappy lifetime internet streaming. Also, it'll be $75 to switch (which I don't have a problem with as that was the original deal - the rest of it is just an endless series of games)

At every turn SiriusXM has been purposely crappy with how they've handled this.

In my opinion lifetime subs should get:
- the good stream, not the crappy one
- the good stream should work everywhere and on all devices
- the paid for stream shouldn't disappear just because someone buys a new radio or adds something to their subscription and then removes it

That would be the right way to handle it. They won't, though, and it seems to me that, long term, it'd hurt them. I don't recommend SiriusXM to anyone any longer. I haven't in years because of the sound quality and games. I usually recommend Slacker just because it works and you can cache music with it and that means you're not eating your data plan.
tighr's Avatar tighr 09:22 AM 04-08-2013
I dunno, maybe I'm just complacent from years of dealing with cell phone companies, but it seems par for the course that if you don't want to lose your grandfathered rate plan, don't mess with your settings. I had unlimited internet for YEARS with AT&T, and on a dumbphone internet plan (using a smartphone). Then I had to make a change to my rate plan and lost my unlimited. If I'd left it alone, I'd be fine.

The way I look at it, when those lifetimers signed up for Sirius they were given the crappy 32kbps stream that doesn't work on smartphones. If you don't mess with your settings, you still have the crappy 32kbps stream that doesn't work on smartphones. You know, it is entirely possible to sign up for the good stream WITHOUT linking it to your lifetime Sirius account; it costs more than $3.49/mo, but it won't mess with your settings.

On top of that, SiriusXM has no incentive to provide new and exciting features to lifetimers. They've already got their money. As long as they continue to provide the same service we started with (lifetime Sirius radio), they're fulfilling their obligations. There is no money left to squeeze out of a customer who has no interest in giving them more money.
hitchfan's Avatar hitchfan 10:00 AM 04-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

The way I look at it, when those lifetimers signed up for Sirius they were given the crappy 32kbps stream that doesn't work on smartphones. If you don't mess with your settings, you still have the crappy 32kbps stream that doesn't work on smartphones.

I'm a Sirius Everything Lifetimer and I could listen to the "crappy" 32kbps Sirius stream, which was fine with me, on my iPod Touch after I signed up and paid the lifetime fee. It was only the upgraded kbps stream that required the additional $2.99 monthly charge. Later, they took away the ability to stream the 32kbps version on an iPod Touch or other such wi-fi enabled device on the lifetime deal. I think that destroys your analogy because none of us had to "mess with our settings" to lose that capability. I certainly never "messed with" my settings to lose it.
tighr's Avatar tighr 10:02 AM 04-08-2013
Ahh, I see. Well as I stated before, I'm a lifetimer that never had the luxury of a free internet stream of any kind.
hitchfan's Avatar hitchfan 10:44 AM 04-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

Ahh, I see. Well as I stated before, I'm a lifetimer that never had the luxury of a free internet stream of any kind.

We used to listen to Sirius on our pocket-sized computers through Internet radio services similar to, say, Tunein Radio today. You still had to enter your username and password to prove you were a subscriber. Then Sirius created the monthly subscription app and forbade all other Internet radio services from delivering Sirius to their listeners who happened to be Sirius subscribers, lifetime or not, limiting their access via an "app" requiring a monthly fee that didn't exist when we signed up and paid for the lifetime subscription.

That was back when Sirius and everyone else understood and accepted that a wi-fi enabled computer was a wi-fi enabled computer no matter large or small the screen. That still is true, of course, no matter how badly Sirius wants to change the definition. So, in those pre app days, if you were a Lifetime subscriber with a wi-fi enabled computer that also conveniently fit in your pocket, you could listen to the service you bought fair and square on that computer as long as you had an Internet connection.
Brad Bishop's Avatar Brad Bishop 05:22 AM 04-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I dunno, maybe I'm just complacent from years of dealing with cell phone companies, but it seems par for the course that if you don't want to lose your grandfathered rate plan, don't mess with your settings. I had unlimited internet for YEARS with AT&T, and on a dumbphone internet plan (using a smartphone). Then I had to make a change to my rate plan and lost my unlimited. If I'd left it alone, I'd be fine.

Ok, this is kind of a dumb argument to have because it's not like SiriusXM is going to change anything.

I'm actually with you on the AT&T grandfathered plans. T-Mobile as well as other carriers have done similar things. I think it's great. You tell people, "You know, if you just leave it alone you can keep it." It seems like a perfectly reasonable approach to me.

With Sirius/XM, if I remember correctly, the original free internet streaming wasn't 32Kbps. I may be wrong but I thought it was more. Even so, they included the service with your lifetime purchase which, to me, means you paid for the subscription.

It was only later, when they decided that they wanted to provide paid-for streams, again, if I'm remembering this correctly, that they told the lifetimers, "oh, the stream you had is now limited to 32Kbps and limited on where you can use it." It was very much after the fact and trying to force someone who already paid them money, to give them more money by making what they had already paid for previously, extra crappy. It wasn't an 'on-going monthly plan' deal it was a 'you just buy the service upfront for the lifetime of your radios plus 3 changes at $75'-kind of plan.

It just seems purposely weasely to me. It also doesn't foster any sort of good nature on people who paid for the lifetime subscriptions and probably would be their biggest cheer leaders. What they got out of it was somewhere between apathy and disgust on it. I'm a lifetimer and I don't really use the internet streaming but it looks like a raw deal to me. I'm apathetic towards it, for the most part, but it certainly does sour the relationship to me. It definitely helps dissuade me from recommending SiriusXM to others. I think, "Yeah, they pull some shady things now and again and I don't know that I want to recommend that to others." For other lifetimers who might be more inclined to use the stream they're left with, "Oh, I paid out several $hundred for a crappy stream version of what they're satellites are broadcasting which is also kind of crappy and if I ever change my account or call in then they'll remove the crappy stream..."

The best that SiriusXM can hope for is the happy go lucky customer who thinks, "Oh, I paid them $hundreds for lifetime and it included streaming but if I want the 'good stream' then I'll just need to pony up another $4/month." I don't see many people in that category. Also seems like a hard sell to friends, "No, I paid for lifetime which included the stream but I just have to pay again for the stream that any normal person would want.. It was a great deal!"
nCubed's Avatar nCubed 08:46 AM 04-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I didn't realize that free online listening (from a browser only) meant so much to so many people. My radio works fine; if I'm on a computer, I've got Pandora.

Please understand that we are not talking about "free online listening". Rather, we are talking about a service we paid for that was included in our lifetime plans. There is nothing free about it. This would be like saying "I didn't realize that free satellite radio listening meant so much to so many people", when the satellite radio services were included with the lifetime plan.


What Brad said in post #111, except I disagree that smartphone app services should be included in the lifetime subscription *if it is not browser based*. An app takes considerable time and effort to develop, maintain and update. A browser based listening service does as well, but the browser based service was included in our terms and agreement.


Again, what Brad said in post #116. Brad has done a very nice job of describing the situation in his posts.
hitchfan's Avatar hitchfan 12:15 PM 04-09-2013
Where the Internet stream is most useful for me, perhaps others as well, is when I am traveling outside the country, outside the range of ordinary Sirius satellite antennas. I now live outside the USA (not in Canada either) so my Lifetime Sirius Everything subscription WITH the lifetime Internet streaming that I paid for in the original deal is how I listen to Howard Stern, live streams of CNN, MSNBC, etc. I suppose that is why it never bothered me how "crappy" 32kbps was supposed to be since it was not really about top quality music listening for me but rather for news and talk programming channels.

Knowing I would be living outside of the USA by now was one of the reasons I took the gamble on a Lifetime Sirius Everything deal, including the Internet access on whatever size screen computer I owned, back when it wasn't certain there would be a Sirius ANYTHING in the next six months or less. Now that Sirius has survived beyond that possible six month life expectancy after I placed that bet and, in fact, WITH THE HELP of that money I ponied up for the early Lifetime deal, I expect Sirius to make good on that bet. And part of the bet payoff I should be getting, for a "Lifetime", is access to the service via the Internet on whatever wi-fi enabled computer I own, regardless of screen size, at no additional charge. At this point, Sirius has already welched on that bet big time by slipping in a roadblock to my continuing to get the Internet stream at no additional charge on whatever wi-fi enabled computers I own regardless of screen size.

Sirius corporate are not just weasels. They are also welchers. I no longer recommend Sirius to anyone at anytime for any reason. In fact, I pro-actively try to dissuade interested parties I meet along the way from signing up for Sirius. The only way I'll be ok with losing the streaming I now get from Sirius is if the entire company does down the sh*tter and takes the Internet streaming with it. If that's the way it turns out, fine by me.
Brad Bishop's Avatar Brad Bishop 05:18 AM 04-10-2013
There was probably a meeting inside Sirius where the discussion centered around: "We can't just give the internet streaming away!"

With no thoughts as to the fact that, per the deal, lifetimers had bought that stream.
mteastham's Avatar mteastham 12:09 PM 04-15-2013
I'm a Sirius lifetime subscriber myself, have been since either 2006 or 2007. I fully understand that at this point, I've had 6 or 7 years of satellite radio (and internet radio) that I paid I think like $300-400 for. My radio (sportster 5) still works fine, and I do listen to the stations online and would like to continue to do so free of charge for as long as possible.

My question is:
Should I happen to go start my car one morning and find that my sportster no longer works properly, what is my best option to do to continue with the same programing I have now and still be able to continue listening to stations online (computer only is fine)? I've read through this thread, and it seems to show what NOT to do, and I'm not sure all of the information is 100% accurate. Would I just be able to go and buy another Sirius capable radio and call up customer service to switch my subscription to this new unit and nothing changes in regards to online listening?

Thanks in advance to any assistance you might have!

Also, can you use online listening while outside of the US? I'll be traveling internationally next month, and would love the ability to listen to stations on my laptop while there! Thanks again!
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop