Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 213 Old 06-11-2014, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius2 View Post

I can't believe the problem I had transferring my service to a new vehicle. Total consumer fraud and misrepresentation.  All I know is back in 2009 when my new vehicle's trial Sirius subscription ran out and I called to sign up I was told that for $750 (yes, $750 hard earned dollars which I paid Sirius!!!), I would get Sirius on my two (yes, two) existing vehicles with lifetime subscription plus be able to transfer the service three additional times to other vehicles such as when I purchased a new car or whatever. So I purchased a new vehicle last year that came with a trial subscription of its own... so when that trial ran out the other day and I needed to use my account, I called to use one of my three remaining vehicle transfers under my "lifetime" subscription to get service on the new vehicle. I was told that this was not possible; in order to be eligible to "transfer the account" without charge the vehicle would have had to be recalled under a warranty issue or some such B*Sh*t.  They said buying a new vehicle did not allow me to transfer service to the new vehicle at all under my lifetime subscription. Unbelievable!! I was pissed off beyond belief after taking them at their word during the sales process in 2009 and forking over what I considered a LOT of money at the time for lifetime service. Eventually, after much heated discussion, a supervisor approved transferring the account at no charge; however, there would be a $75 transfer fee now each time I used one of my three lifetime vehicle transfers (including this time)!  I'm livid by this point. They agreed to transfer the account but demand $75 each time I elect to use one of my previously purchased vehicle transfer opportunities?!!! More headed discussion and supervisor intervention and, yes, they waived the $75 transfer fee!  However, I was told that was the only time they would waive the transfer fee; so, even though I still have two more transfers allowed on my account I will supposedly not be able to avoid the $75 charge when I transfer service next time. I will cross that bridge when I get to it but have to say there must be a huge number of people who were previously conned by the same Sirius sales pitch that I was. There should be a class action lawsuit to address this situation and force the company to honor their commitments. It's unbelievable they they have been able to get away with screwing the public like this. Luckily they did not get me to this point but it was only after a huge amount of effort that I should never have had to make to get them to live up to their obligations. I can't wait to see what I have to go through the next time I try to use one of my already purchased radio transfers.  

I think there was just confusion.

The rule has always been:
- New vehicles (OEM Sirius/XM) could get lifetime but it wasn't transferrable.
- Other radios could get lifetime and it was transferrable but only up to 3 times and at a cost of $75 each time.

Now, the new vehicle rule never made sense to me but these two rules have been there and been made clear since the beginning. They've been shady with their lifetime internet rules, but they haven't been shady with this.

Now, I'm not saying whether the lady you originally spoke to on the phone when you purchased your lifetime sub misspoke or you misunderstood. I'm just saying that these have been the policies on lifetime subs for both services since the beginning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 213 Old 06-11-2014, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Brad,

I am positive that my experience is the same as Sirius 2's. I was not told on the phone when paying for a lifetime subscription that there were so many exclusions. At the time I paid for the lifetime subscription, I was driving a car that was many years old and a not so new stereo in said car. Because I used to drive in Houston traffic so often (3 hours a day commute time), I was rear ended and sideswiped way too many times in said car I had it installed. I'm not foolish enough to throw down almost $800 for something I'm fully aware that might get creamed in traffic the very next day. (Anyone who drives in big cities is fully aware of the ridiculous road rage and bumper to bumper driving so as not to allow anyone to cut in front of the driver.). Trust me, I would have known if the salesperson gave me the full picture of what I was throwing away. There will be a class action lawsuit one day. I'm trying to talk my ex into instigating it, but haven't done the research I've been asked to do (I'm a paralegal. Ex is obviously an attorney.)

Jen

QUOTE=Brad Bishop;24817520]Quote:Originally Posted by Sirius2 

I can't believe the problem I had transferring my service to a new vehicle. Total consumer fraud and misrepresentation.  All I know is back in 2009 when my new vehicle's trial Sirius subscription ran out and I called to sign up I was told that for $750 (yes, $750 hard earned dollars which I paid Sirius!!!), I would get Sirius on my two (yes, two) existing vehicles with lifetime subscription plus be able to transfer the service three additional times to other vehicles such as when I purchased a new car or whatever. So I purchased a new vehicle last year that came with a trial subscription of its own... so when that trial ran out the other day and I needed to use my account, I called to use one of my three remaining vehicle transfers under my "lifetime" subscription to get service on the new vehicle. I was told that this was not possible; in order to be eligible to "transfer the account" without charge the vehicle would have had to be recalled under a warranty issue or some such B*Sh*t.  They said buying a new vehicle did not allow me to transfer service to the new vehicle at all under my lifetime subscription. Unbelievable!! I was pissed off beyond belief after taking them at their word during the sales process in 2009 and forking over what I considered a LOT of money at the time for lifetime service. Eventually, after much heated discussion, a supervisor approved transferring the account at no charge; however, there would be a $75 transfer fee now each time I used one of my three lifetime vehicle transfers (including this time)!  I'm livid by this point. They agreed to transfer the account but demand $75 each time I elect to use one of my previously purchased vehicle transfer opportunities?!!! More headed discussion and supervisor intervention and, yes, they waived the $75 transfer fee!  However, I was told that was the only time they would waive the transfer fee; so, even though I still have two more transfers allowed on my account I will supposedly not be able to avoid the $75 charge when I transfer service next time. I will cross that bridge when I get to it but have to say there must be a huge number of people who were previously conned by the same Sirius sales pitch that I was. There should be a class action lawsuit to address this situation and force the company to honor their commitments. It's unbelievable they they have been able to get away with screwing the public like this. Luckily they did not get me to this point but it was only after a huge amount of effort that I should never have had to make to get them to live up to their obligations. I can't wait to see what I have to go through the next time I try to use one of my already purchased radio transfers.  

I think there was just confusion.

The rule has always been:
- New vehicles (OEM Sirius/XM) could get lifetime but it wasn't transferrable.
- Other radios could get lifetime and it was transferrable but only up to 3 times and at a cost of $75 each time.

Now, the new vehicle rule never made sense to me but these two rules have been there and been made clear since the beginning. They've been shady with their lifetime internet rules, but they haven't been shady with this.

Now, I'm not saying whether the lady you originally spoke to on the phone when you purchased your lifetime sub misspoke or you misunderstood. I'm just saying that these have been the policies on lifetime subs for both services since the beginning.[/QUOTE]
post #213 of 213 Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius2 View Post
All I know is back in 2009 when my new vehicle's trial Sirius subscription ran out and I called to sign up I was told that for $750 (yes, $750 hard earned dollars which I paid Sirius!!!), I would get Sirius on my two (yes, two) existing vehicles with lifetime subscription plus be able to transfer the service three additional times to other vehicles such as when I purchased a new car or whatever.
The salesperson I purchased my lifetime subscription from back in 2009 was very clear that OEM radios were non-transferrable. It sounds like you either misunderstood or were misinformed, but that has always been the policy.

$750 for two lifetime subscriptions is a very good deal for 2009. I paid $400 for one car, and it was "on sale" at the time, down from $500.

That being said, I'm encouraged that if my car ever needs to be transferred, all I have to do is call them up and complain a little loudly and they will happily transfer my service, despite my full knowledge that this should not be allowed by their T&C.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page