Can't get Sirius Freeview in Expedition - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-03-2012, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sirius XM is having a freeview from 2/1 to 2/14. I got an email on it (actually several). I cancelled all my subscriptions in the fall but thought I'd listen during the freeview to see if I really miss it that much. It works in our XM Toyota and Sirius Fusion, but not in our Sirius Expedition. Just sits on channel 184 with a scroll "Call Sirius" while a promo plays in the background. Also in the cars its working in only certain channels are turned on. No religous channels and some of the talk channels are missing. Anyone else having a similar experience.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
hey there junior,
you can try to max reset by removing power from the expedition's sirius receiver for a minute , or remove positive battery cable for a while . since the audio plays ok that rules out possibility of antenna issue.
also if you are nice to the service reps on the other side of the planet I bet they would gladly/specifically enable the ESN for your expedition, as well as sending you a pallet of free sirius stuff like internet wifi radios which they are 'giving away' lately and are very nice little 'wifi radios' indeed. Wifi-radio has "re-sold" me on sirius/XM, for the low low cost of only $3 per month !
best regards,
/e
post #3 of 4 Old 02-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Also make sure the channels you're missing aren't included in the free preview, not all channels are included. I think there's a list somewhere with all the channels in the preview.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-06-2012, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I looked further in the email (had just read title) and it only includes 60 channels. Surprised since they are trying to lure customers back. Whose idea is it to lure you back by letting you listen to 60 "selected" channels. Oh well thanks for the replies.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page