Change In Policy Allows Sirius Lifetime Membership Conversion to XM??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-07-2012, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings All,

My Sirius Stiletto 100 back panel broke and the battery will no longer stay in place . So I call Sirius/XM to find out what were my options. The rep. told me that as of last month, I could convert my Sirius Lifetime Membership to XM if I purchased an XM radio and pay the $75 replacement radio fee.

Anyone heard of this or more importantly acted on the offer?

More to follow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-08-2012, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker03 View Post

Greetings All,

My Sirius Stiletto 100 back panel broke and the battery will no longer stay in place . So I call Sirius/XM to find out what were my options. The rep. told me that as of last month, I could convert my Sirius Lifetime Membership to XM if I purchased an XM radio and pay the $75 replacement radio fee.

Anyone heard of this or more importantly acted on the offer?

More to follow...

Just checked via online chat. Tom told me:

Tom: If you have a Lifetime subscription associated with an automotive receiver, those are not transferrable unless the receiver was stolen or is defective. But if you have a Lifetime plan associated with a home, portable or dock & play radio, then these Lifetime packages are transferrable from one radio to another radio on the same platform up to a maximum of 3 times. There is a $75 fee for Lifetime package transfers

So, as silly as it is - you're stuck with the platform - Sirius or XM, even though they're the same company and have nearly the same programming on each service and both used to offer Lifetime accounts.

It's stupid. I figure they're eventually going to hit the end of life for Sirius broadcasts and then they'll have to deal with us. It's dumb that they just don't let the natural flow happen now since it would seem that there are a good number of people who'd prefer to swap over to an XM Radio.
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page