extra channels showed up...... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 04-15-2012, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
on my sirius radio, channels in the 200's...seems to be mostly sports.... is this part of a more complete merger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

on my sirius radio, channels in the 200's...seems to be mostly sports.... is this part of a more complete merger?

Sounds like a free preview of the "Best of XM" package.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen98311 View Post

Sounds like a free preview of the "Best of XM" package.

No MLB play by play? Lame...
post #4 of 11 Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

No MLB play by play? Lame...

Actually I will test this after this post. I have a satellite antenna for my Sirius Stiletto 100 for service. I get the Sirius Everything(or whatever the hell they call it now). So no MLB play by play.

Anyway, the other day I was carrying around my Sirius Stilleto 100 listening to a recording of Stern, and decided to try the Internet satellite. I have Wireless N floating around, but the Stilletoo only offers Wireless B(why? in 2012. Even back in 2007 it should still have been G at least. Dopes).

Anyway, I got online and got a ton of extra channels I don't receive at all with my Sirius Everything package. Plus there were ALL THE MLB PLAY BY PLAY CHANNELS AVAILABLE on there as well. It was late at night so no games available.

I am going to test right now and let u know.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-23-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

SUCCESS!!!

Lo and behold ALL of the TEAMS had their own channel listed for play by play. I got the Red Sox game in the 8th inning against whomever they are playing. Cannot remember. All I can remember is that someone sit a solo HR to tie up the ballgame.

Anyway, they were all listed there. I tried the PIT-NYMets game first, but it was over already at 3-1 for the NYMets. So then I tried the Cubs, but got a server error. Channel not available which had me thinking that they don't send them out.

But I got the BOS channel to work. It was in the 8th, so maybe they lifted a blackout(I am in NW PA just so you know) because the game was running late. I don't know.

Here is what I can be nearly 100% certain about:

1. There are extra channels using the internet with my stiletto 100, than using the satellite. No DOUBT. I receive all of the play-by-play channels for every MLB team, plus MLB HomePlate channel. Now whether or not they work from the beginning of the game to the end, I don't know. A little more testing by me, and I will let you know.

2. I receive ALOT of channels I do not receive using the satellites on My Sirius EVERYTHING Sub. Which does not bother me. I mainly have Sirius fro Stern/NFL/ESPN/some music channels. But the fact that I get Cinemagic, which is nice, via internet is incredible. Plus ALOT of others I never heard of, but probably would not listen too anyway.

3. The sound via internet SUCKS. Even worse that satellite. I could be wrong about that, but it sounds hollow too me. Good/great enough for play by play, bu not for music. NO WAY.

4. Wireless B travels about as far as someones fart. About 11 feet MAX. So unless your stilleto 100(Stiletto 2 which may have wireless g, but I doubt it) is RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR WIRELESS ROUTER, or at least in the same room no more that 11 ft from it, no chance on getting an internet signal. That blows for me. My wireless N router(Netgear WNDR3400) is in the middle of my house so it has the best coverage available for computers/ipads/ipods/etc... I f I were too move it, it would make some computers/IPTV STB's suffer from moving it so it is going too stay put.

This is all new too me, and to anyone wwho has a Stiletto 100 or Stiletto 2, if you can get internet access, you can get all the MLB play by play(I think) u want in the house(obviously the car is out of the question. Unless someone has figured out how to get continuous wireless service in their car to their Stiletto and oher devices. Unless you have an Ipad or laptop with built in sateliite service).

Would a Wireless bridge help me? Could I set up a wireless bridge using my current setup(Cable Modem to Wireless Router) that would bring a wireless signal strong enough for the stilleto 100 too connect too? Are the wireless bridges backwards compatible for a/b/g/n?

I wonder if that would work.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Yes, if you have the internet radio subscription at all, you get all the MLB channels: http://www.siriusxm.com/internetradio
post #7 of 11 Old 05-24-2012, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc05 View Post

Yes, if you have the internet radio subscription at all, you get all the MLB channels: http://www.siriusxm.com/internetradio

That's just it rc05. I DON'T have an internet radio subscription. Meaning I cannot download an app, put it on my ipod/ipad, and listen to my Sirius/XM content that way.

But the Sirius 100(and Sirius 2) have built in internet ability(wireless B. Horrible), and when I connect to wireless service at home or at hotpots, I get a ton of extra channels, PLUS ALL THE MLB STATIONS ofr each individual team, including MLB Homeplate.

Just a bonus I had no idea existed. Unfortunate, won't work in the car where it would really matter. Oh, well.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-24-2012, 06:36 PM

Very interesting. Let me just clarify a few things. When you're listening to the Internet radio, do you have to login using your Sirius XM account? I looked quickly through the manual and it seems like you don't enter any information at all Seems like you just hit Internet on the Stiletto and it lets you listen without entering any info. And do you have the "Sirius Premier" or "Sirius All Access"?
post #9 of 11 Old 05-25-2012, 02:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Perhaps he has a lifetime account and was grandfathered in on the streaming.

That would explain why the music channels suck on streaming as I think the lifetimers got stuck with 32Kbps streams (pay to get the 128Kbps streams).
post #10 of 11 Old 05-25-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc05 View Post

Very interesting. Let me just clarify a few things. When you're listening to the Internet radio, do you have to login using your Sirius XM account? I looked quickly through the manual and it seems like you don't enter any information at all Seems like you just hit Internet on the Stiletto and it lets you listen without entering any info. And do you have the "Sirius Premier" or "Sirius All Access"?

OK. I will try to clear things up on my end.

I have Sirius SELECT(just checked my account info as I type this), which I prepaid for 1 year at $93 in Feb 2012. I have prepaid for 1 year since I first got Sirius back in 2004. No LIFETIME, and NO Internet signup.

With the Stilleto 100, you are correct rc05. There is nothing to type in(only the password for anyone's WPA-2 protected wireless if needed). No account info. Nothing. Just click on the Internet Radio Icon, and let it connect Wirelessly.

That's it. And with that you get a ton of extra channels which include all the MLB play-by-play channels, including MLB Home Plate.

I will look to see if I get Opie and Anthony(and Ron and Fez), and also some other channels I may be interested in. I will let you know.

But there are downsides to the internet connection:

1. The sound is even worse than from the satellite. Fine for Talk/play by play, bt sucks for music.

2. I don't "think"(if someone can clarify this for me, that would be great), yo can RECORD off the internet stream. Not sure about that. Which would also mean you can't setup a record time for internet fed material on the Stilleto 100.

I could be wrong about that, so if someone knows, let me know. I will try to find my manual, if i can, too see if it explains that or not.

But I am not a lifetime sub. NEVER subscribed to internet service(only had it when it was free for everyone who was a sub).

If memory serves me correctly, I think I even tried to download the app on my Ipad. I downloaded it, but did not have the info neccesary for LOGIN. I will try again. But I am pretty sure I failed at that before.
post #11 of 11 Old 05-27-2012, 12:42 PM

Whoops I forgot about the other packages. Anyway, according to the manual, you can't record from the Internet radio. I'm surprised that the quality is lower on the Internet radio than on the satellite. I think the audio is the same or better, but I'm accessing it through the online player/app so you might be getting a different stream. I looks like Internet radio access is just a feature of the Stiletto, and since they added MLB for every Internet radio listener, they show up for you too!
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page