Can you use an A/C plug from a Stiletto 100 Home dock on a Stiletto2 Car Dock in the house? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-28-2012, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have a Stiletto 2 Car Dock that has everything EXCEPT a Power Supply for the home(outlet). It is an extra dock(don't want too buy a home dock on EBay or the like), and I was wondering if the A/C adapter that came with the Stiletto100 home dock can be used on the Stiletto 2 Car Dock, without a problem(overheating/melting/fire/etc...)

Or would I be better off taking the D/C powersupply(cigarette lighter type power device) of the Stiletto2 to say Best Buy, and try too find it's A/C equivilent. I cannot imagine that the power supply from Gen1(Stiletto100 Home Dock) to Gen2(Stiletto2 Car Dock) is all that great.

But when you try tooo mix and match, that is where problems arise. According to the specs written on both, they look almost identical, except the power output of the A/C powersupply(Stiletto 100) ranges from .5-2.5A, while the D/C(cigarette Lighter type) powersupply of the Stiletto 2 Car Dock runs from .5V-2.0A.

Like I said, the main thing that concerns me is overload and fire.

Has anyone tried this, or understands/knows more about this stuff, could steer me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-27-2013, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Power supply for a Stiletto2 is a power supply for a Stiletto 2. The old dock can be used with some shimming. Extra Battery charge function will not work with new radio. This is most important, look at jack size and voltage requirements. At some point in time Sirius changed the power supply dimensions.
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page