Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 10-22-2013, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I'm a rabid sports fan, and have never had an issue with Fox Sports not being available on the Sirius side. There are plenty of sports talk options. Even Sports 92 (now Sports Zone) has good shows on it. The Dan Patrick show is on Mad Dog 86 9a-12p EST. It used to be on 91, I believe, and then 92 for a short while. These shows move around and makes it tough to find them.

I prefer this show over Tim Brando's (airs at the same time), but I prefer shows hosted by guys who aren't consumed by their celebrity. Both Dan and Tim talk about themselves a lot on their show, when all I really want to hear about is sports. Dino Costa talks about himself a lot on his show too, but he's much less famous than Patrck or Brando, so it just comes off as unwarranted bloviating.

As far as the Clear Channel lite FM stations being removed, who cares? Good riddance. I'll never understand why anyone listens to those.

I can't stand that show. I like Steve Czaban show and they took that off in favor of this and I listened to about 5 minutes and asked 'who is those blowhard?'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldardy View Post

I can't stand that show. I like Steve Czaban show and they took that off in favor of this and I listened to about 5 minutes and asked 'who is those blowhard?'

Dino Costa spends most of his show complaining about how he's the best radio host on Sirius so he should be getting "Howard Stern money", and then he has callers who call up and tell him how awesome he is. I only tune in to hear his thoughts on the recent sporting news of the day, not to hear him talk about himself. When he talks about sports, he's not bad. But when he goes on 20+ minute rants (the length of my commute) and I don't hear ONE thing about sports the whole time, I get a little aggravated.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #33 of 33 Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

Dino Costa spends most of his show complaining about how he's the best radio host on Sirius so he should be getting "Howard Stern money", and then he has callers who call up and tell him how awesome he is. I only tune in to hear his thoughts on the recent sporting news of the day, not to hear him talk about himself. When he talks about sports, he's not bad. But when he goes on 20+ minute rants (the length of my commute) and I don't hear ONE thing about sports the whole time, I get a little aggravated.

That's pretty much what I heard when I listened. I had never heard of the guy until hearing the show.
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page