Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-07-2013, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yamaha RX-V867 SIRIUS IR (Internet Radio) Issue

Greetings

I have owned and enjoyed my V867 for a couple of years now. I have been very happy with it generally - certainly the sound and capabilities have met my needs. Setup and configuration, well, good enough. My wife and I both work from home and this unit is powered on probably 12 hours per day on average. We listen to Sirius IR (40%), Pandora (40%), Internet Radio (10%), and HDMI cable TV (10%).

I ran into an issue with Sirius IR that started 2 weeks ago. Sirius made me change my internet password when I logged into the Sirius website to update my credit card expiration date - they decided my old password wasn't secure enough - whatever. The next time I turned on Sirius IR on my Yamaha, it told me it couldn't access my account, or something to that effect so I immediately figured "of course, I need to change my password." So I deleted my previous account as directed, added a new one with my Sirius username and new password. Upon entering the new password, it immediately comes back with the message "Access Error." I can login to Sirius IR with my username/password on my pc, on my Grace radio, on my android phone, etc. - but not on my Yamaha receiver. I tried my wife's username/login - same thing - "Access Error." We can both login to any number of other media streaming clients/devices with our Sirius credentials, but not this receiver any more. Pandora, Internet Radio, and DLNA all continue to work fine on the receiver it doesn't seem to be a connectivity issue. Receiver is hard wired into my home router, not wifi.

So I called Yamaha and after 3 days and escalations to Tier 2 suport, they sent me an RMA label and said I need to ship it to Atlanta (closest licensed repair shop to me here in North Carolina apparently). This will take a month probably. All for what is so obvious to me, a firmware issue! I am on the most recent firmware version 2.34. I have done full hard reset - lost all my config mad.gif None of this helps - all attempts to login to Sirius IR yields "Access Error" even though all other streaming internet sources are working perfectly fine. The Tier 2 support guy is able to login to Sirius IR on his test unit using my login credentials. Such a shame that somehow their Sirius IR client on my unit is obviously somehow corrupted or something.

Any last thoughts/suggestions on things I could try before I send this thing in and require a lot of hardware effort to fix an obvious firmware issue?

Yes I have searched the internet.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-10-2013, 01:21 AM

I have this exact same issue. I was forced to change my Sirius password and now I get the "access error" when trying

to log in on the RX-V867 receiver. It was working fine before this. Did you resolve it without having to send the unit into the repair center? Please let me know. I can't believe this happened! Like you, all my other mobile devices work fine with the new password. I just have this issue on the Yamaha  RX-V867.

post #3 of 3 Old 12-11-2013, 04:34 PM

I am having the exact same issue with an RX-A1000. Cannot connect to Sirius. All other net services work just fine. I also received a call from a Tier 2 rep and was told to send the unit in for service. I am not too keen on removing this "nerve center" and sending it out for an issue that should be resolved with a firmware update.
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Tags
Yamaha Rx V867 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V867 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page