Sirius radio not changing song titles and no I.D for radio displayed . - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-09-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys I just got a used denon receiver from eBay and the receiver is working ok . But I also got a used radio unit too from eBay also . But the radio unit wont change the song titles and wont display the Radio I.D Too . Also if I do somethink it will tell me to check Sirius tuner . But will keep playing the music . I would like to get the songs to change the titles on the receiver . I got a pre paid account and had to also use a cc card . But that card only has 1.00 on it . well Ill cancel after one month if it wont work . I can get music from Directv if I would like to . But its my first receiver with a Sirius tuner and wanted to try it out . I told the man Im testing ther service for now . If I don't like it im going to cancel it .I was wondering if I have medium signal would that cause the tuner to not work proper . Just wondering . I have the antenna out on my deck , because I live in a mobile home made of metal and You know that any think like cell phones and tv signal wont come in proper too . But I have the antenna pointed up at the sky and on in Wisconsin so that's what the manual told me to do . My signal is half way or medium not all the way . Im just wondering if that's the problem or Sirius .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
it won't be much help, but fwiw, one channel on my sirius TTR100 was stuck displaying the same song title for about a month recently, on the soul channel. "dream merchant". :|
post #3 of 5 Old 10-10-2013, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

It was working today changing artist song name and album . But still not showing my Sirius Receiver I.D Number . But that's all I want anyway . She works good . Now I want to see if I can get a free 3 months out of them now .
post #4 of 5 Old 10-19-2013, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

something similar happened to me this past summer. the info would not update or the wrong song would display. I have HUD (heads up display) in my car and when this issue was going on XM would re send the wrong info multiple times which was annoying. it fixed the next day

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT Vz or D*
post #5 of 5 Old 09-09-2014, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
This sort of thing happens from time to time. I've noticed it happening more frequently in the last year or two than in the previous 8 years.

I'm guessing it's a combination of changes on their end with:
- Merging Sirius and XM
- Merging their online listening
- Adding new channels with SiriusXM 2.0
- Adding new channels (online only) to the stream
- changing the satellites around (I think they're letting the Sirius satellites just die off and will just be broadcasting from the geosynchronous satellites going forward.
- Adding in non-music info. Early on when a song played you'd immediately get the Artist/Title information. Then they introduced DJs and the Artist/Title information would stick around from the last song until the next song. Then they started adding in special messages to the text letting you know which DJ you were listening to or stupid stuff like, "SiriusXM Morning Mashup is AWESOME!" (it's not). I know that sometimes some text will just display over regardless of what songs they're playing. Usually it's something like "Bob Takes Over SiriusXM!" - and that'll be all you'll see until that event is finished.

I'm just saying that what used to be a straight forward process now diverges a good deal and can make things slow or a little wonky sometimes. I could image there being some switch somewhere that interrupts the normal Artist/Title stream and puts control into whomever is hosting and that, sometimes, they forget to switch it back.

Regarding your RadioID. Make sure you are looking in the right place (2x check your manual). It's not something that is broadcast but is always there so you don't have to wait for it to be updated or anything.
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio