This sort of thing happens from time to time. I've noticed it happening more frequently in the last year or two than in the previous 8 years.
I'm guessing it's a combination of changes on their end with:
- Merging Sirius and XM
- Merging their online listening
- Adding new channels with SiriusXM 2.0
- Adding new channels (online only) to the stream
- changing the satellites around (I think they're letting the Sirius satellites just die off and will just be broadcasting from the geosynchronous satellites going forward.
- Adding in non-music info. Early on when a song played you'd immediately get the Artist/Title information. Then they introduced DJs and the Artist/Title information would stick around from the last song until the next song. Then they started adding in special messages to the text letting you know which DJ you were listening to or stupid stuff like, "SiriusXM Morning Mashup is AWESOME!" (it's not). I know that sometimes some text will just display over regardless of what songs they're playing. Usually it's something like "Bob Takes Over SiriusXM!" - and that'll be all you'll see until that event is finished.
I'm just saying that what used to be a straight forward process now diverges a good deal and can make things slow or a little wonky sometimes. I could image there being some switch somewhere that interrupts the normal Artist/Title stream and puts control into whomever is hosting and that, sometimes, they forget to switch it back.
Regarding your RadioID. Make sure you are looking in the right place (2x check your manual). It's not something that is broadcast but is always there so you don't have to wait for it to be updated or anything.