Sirius Splitter/Combiner not working with Cable Booster - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-17-2014, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sirius Splitter/Combiner not working with Cable Booster

My father has Sirius Satellite radio with an antenna in his attic. it uses a splitter/combiner kit he got from Sirius and that works great, it rides coax cable and multiplexes with cable.

The issue is his HD channels weren't working right, so he installed a "booster", which is a powered amp on the coax. When he does that his sirius stops working.

We also tried splitting the signal, and taking a unpowered link to the sirius, and that works for sirius but the HD channels don't work.

So I am trying to figure out what to do with HD cable and a sirius combiner/splitter, anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2014, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfeeny View Post
My father has Sirius Satellite radio with an antenna in his attic. it uses a splitter/combiner kit he got from Sirius and that works great, it rides coax cable and multiplexes with cable.

The issue is his HD channels weren't working right, so he installed a "booster", which is a powered amp on the coax. When he does that his sirius stops working.

We also tried splitting the signal, and taking a unpowered link to the sirius, and that works for sirius but the HD channels don't work.

So I am trying to figure out what to do with HD cable and a sirius combiner/splitter, anyone know?
you should check that the splitter will let dc pass through some don't which means there would be no power getting to the amp at the antenna.
I have an outdoor antenna with a a amp and outdoor sirius antenna configured similar to what your describing so it should work.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-17-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Do you have the model number of the splitter ?
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page