Office Signal Extreme Frustration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-26-2014, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Office Signal Extreme Frustration

I had the bright idea of turning off my Internet Sub of Sirius to make use of a Sportster 5 I had not being used. Did this for 2 reasons 1.) My data usage has exploded and went from using 5 gb to 10 gb of data a month mainly because of sirius. 2) I dont want to pay for 2 subs one for my car used only when driving and one for work when I spend most of my time.

It was a great idea until I setup my radio in my office. I'm lucky to have a nice office by a window and everything but it just happens to be on the North side of the building and I know I need to direct the antenna south (Michigan). To make things worse the office windows cannot be opened so I cant use my antenna out of a window. I've tried everything pointing it every way possible and I'm lucky to get 3 bars with Ter/SAT dropping in and out. I'm at my wits end and am ready to cancel my sub an call it a loss. Before I do that I thought I'd post here and maybe someone would have some idea on what I can do. As I stated above this is the office I work at. I cannot string wires around, use the internet for streaming, etc. So I'm limited as to what I can do. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-27-2014, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestilly View Post
I had the bright idea of turning off my Internet Sub of Sirius to make use of a Sportster 5 I had not being used. Did this for 2 reasons 1.) My data usage has exploded and went from using 5 gb to 10 gb of data a month mainly because of sirius. 2) I dont want to pay for 2 subs one for my car used only when driving and one for work when I spend most of my time.

It was a great idea until I setup my radio in my office. I'm lucky to have a nice office by a window and everything but it just happens to be on the North side of the building and I know I need to direct the antenna south (Michigan). To make things worse the office windows cannot be opened so I cant use my antenna out of a window. I've tried everything pointing it every way possible and I'm lucky to get 3 bars with Ter/SAT dropping in and out. I'm at my wits end and am ready to cancel my sub an call it a loss. Before I do that I thought I'd post here and maybe someone would have some idea on what I can do. As I stated above this is the office I work at. I cannot string wires around, use the internet for streaming, etc. So I'm limited as to what I can do. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Maybe you can find a repeater.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...epeater&crdt=0
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Tags
antenna , no coverage , office , signal , sirius

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page