Best vehicle head unit "sirius" - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-14-2015, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Best vehicle head unit "sirius"

I think my old sportster 6 is slowly packing it in. Once in a while it doesn't detect the antenae plugged in ( even know it is ...I also tried a brand new antenae and cradle ) funny I don't get that problem with the boom box . Oh well, I looked for another spotter 6 and they don't make them anymore. They have names like " edge" and " onyx" now. I subscribe to the best of XM , as well as I would like replay. What's the good choices in head units these days? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-15-2015, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Have you considered:
- swapping out your antenna in your car?
- swapping out the dock in your car?

I like myradiostore.com for odd older stuff. tss-radio.com isn't bad either, just not quite the collection of older stock.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-15-2015, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Yes, I put a brand new antenae and dock ( which I had lying around) and still no antenae found. Works in the boom box though .

post #4 of 6 Old 06-15-2015, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeboy View Post
I think my old sportster 6 is slowly packing it in. Once in a while it doesn't detect the antenae plugged in ( even know it is ...I also tried a brand new antenae and cradle ) funny I don't get that problem with the boom box . Oh well, I looked for another spotter 6 and they don't make them anymore. They have names like " edge" and " onyx" now. I subscribe to the best of XM , as well as I would like replay. What's the good choices in head units these days? Thanks
Try EBay for more Sportster 6's. I would try EBay for any PNP(Plug and Play) unit. That would be the cheapest way for you to go. If you search on there, I am sure you can find any replacement for your dock/antenna/etc...

Do not know what your spending limit is, but you could consider a Stilleto 10 or 100. They both record. The 10 records 10 hours. The 100 records 100 hours. Sets like a VCR/DVR. I would recommend the 100. Once you begin to record, you would want as much space as possible. BOTH have a 60 min buffer. Plus, on the 100 you can record up to 8 hours straight on music stations for later playback.

Ther
post #5 of 6 Old 10-27-2015, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeboy View Post
Many modern Sirius radios, such as Stratus 7 and Starmate 8, will fit in your existing docks.

It sounds like your radio has a bad pin connection. That can be repaired. Check our website for repair info.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-08-2015, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bought a new Mini Cooper and it didn't come with Sirius even though I thought all new cars did. I was also curious what the best approach would be to get it in my car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page