Stiletto Windows 7 USB Driver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-03-2016, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Stiletto Windows 7 USB Driver

Hello

I have spent an hour on the phone with customer service who was no help. I am receiving the the Recovery Error for my Stiletto and need to do the device recovery. I have searched all over and cannot find a driver that will work with Windows 7. If I had an old XP, it would work fine, or so I read. Anybody know of a way to get this thing to connect to my Windows 7 notebook? Thank you so much in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-04-2016, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGod View Post
Hello

I have spent an hour on the phone with customer service who was no help. I am receiving the the Recovery Error for my Stiletto and need to do the device recovery. I have searched all over and cannot find a driver that will work with Windows 7. If I had an old XP, it would work fine, or so I read. Anybody know of a way to get this thing to connect to my Windows 7 notebook? Thank you so much in advance.
My "guess" is you are probably SOL.

SiriusXm has most likely stopped ANY kind of SUPPORT for their old P'N'P(Plug and Play) units.

I used to have a Stiletto about 2 years ago. Sold it. Glad I did.

I used the SiriusXM app for the last 4-5 years, and it did everything my Stiletto did. Just on my Iphone now, which was great.

That is probably the reason. They have just dumped/dropped any kind of support. Probably for YEARS now.

I dropped SiriusXm this year, and have not missed it one bit. I was just using it for Howard Stern, so the cost(despite a discount every year), just was no longer worth it too me.

I tell people if you dump it, you really won't miss it.

But, for your case, you might be better off selling the Stiletto on EBay, and just use the app on a smartphone.

Does everything the Stiletto does, only better.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-04-2016, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for taking the time. I bought the unit new many years ago. I know the company that manufactured it is long gone. I have used it for a plug and play in many vehicles via the 3.5 jack (traveled for business and a new rental car every time). For some reason, I don't get the same quality out of my phone and don't really want to put a new unit in one of our 3 cars because the car will probably be sold before long. I did find somewhat of a resolution - there is a company out of Chicago that will do a recovery for $30. May not be the best option, but I guess it will have to work until I figure something else out. Thanks again.

If nothing else, maybe another person who searches AVS looking for a possible resolution can use the info:

http://www.tss-radio.com/broken-siri...letto-recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page