How can I hook up SiriusXM to a Sirius Ready Receiver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-28-2016, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How can I hook up SiriusXM to a Sirius Ready Receiver

I have a Denon 3310ci. The receivers 6 years old, as the 10, in the 3310 indicates the year 2010. I just recently bought a new car and am on a 3 month trial of SiriusXM radio. I want to stream the signal through my 'Sirius ready' receiver. The Denon manual says I need a "Sirius Connect home tuner" to do this. The plug in the back of my receiver has a 8 pin jack for the tuner. I've come up short searching for this on the internet and have gathered they are no longer available.

Can someone advise me on if this is the case or if and alternative tuner exists with the 8 pin connection.

I can buy a home kit though that just plugs into my receiver with RCA jacks. Doing this I lose the networking functionality of my receiver where I could tune it using my smart phone, laptop..etc.

Another option may be to use something like chrome cast, to stream the signal from my phone. Not sure I like this solution either.

I appreciate any help or advise.

thanks,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-29-2016, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuerj View Post
I have a Denon 3310ci. The receivers 6 years old, as the 10, in the 3310 indicates the year 2010. I just recently bought a new car and am on a 3 month trial of SiriusXM radio. I want to stream the signal through my 'Sirius ready' receiver. The Denon manual says I need a "Sirius Connect home tuner" to do this. The plug in the back of my receiver has a 8 pin jack for the tuner. I've come up short searching for this on the internet and have gathered they are no longer available.

Can someone advise me on if this is the case or if and alternative tuner exists with the 8 pin connection.

I can buy a home kit though that just plugs into my receiver with RCA jacks. Doing this I lose the networking functionality of my receiver where I could tune it using my smart phone, laptop..etc.

Another option may be to use something like chrome cast, to stream the signal from my phone. Not sure I like this solution either.

thanks,

Jim
I don't think they sell that kind of tuner any longer.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-08-2016, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuerj View Post

thanks,

Jim
You can still find used SiriusConnect SC-H1 on eBay.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page