XM Internet - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-06-2016, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
XM Internet

Currently have a XM home unit, but continuing prob's with reception - and now looking into their Internet streaming.
Do I have to go buy a "Sirius-ready" receiver......or is there someway to connect an existing FM tabletop radio (with AUX) into my computer audio connections with some kind of App?
Also reading about some WIFI devices - connecting to my router - where I can plug in my tabletop unit. Anyone have experience with these?
Just need something to get Sirius at home - next to my laptop. Not interested in IPhones, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-06-2016, 06:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataport View Post
Currently have a XM home unit, but continuing prob's with reception - and now looking into their Internet streaming.
Do I have to go buy a "Sirius-ready" receiver......or is there someway to connect an existing FM tabletop radio (with AUX) into my computer audio connections with some kind of App?
Also reading about some WIFI devices - connecting to my router - where I can plug in my tabletop unit. Anyone have experience with these?
Just need something to get Sirius at home - next to my laptop. Not interested in IPhones, etc.
How much do you listen, streaming will eat up bandwidth and data caps( not as much as video)? could you try an outdoor antenna?
post #3 of 4 Old 09-07-2016, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch View Post
How much do you listen, streaming will eat up bandwidth and data caps( not as much as video)? could you try an outdoor antenna?
Sheesh........good comment. I've just started a trial-run using HULU/Netflix to cut down my horrendous cable bill (Comcast/Fla), and have noticed comments that Comcast may soon be implementing data caps on home Internet. I'm retired, and typically listen to Sirius most of the day - then TV/Movies at night. Because of our weather patterns here in the summer, I was thinking of going I'net for Sirius - but your point is well taken, and need to explore an outside antenna option.

Have no doubt this "streaming" technology is taking a toll on Comcast, et al......and we're going to see data caps on homes similar to cell-phones to recoup their cable TV losses.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-04-2016, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Cool Enjoy while you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataport View Post
Sheesh........good comment. I've just started a trial-run using HULU/Netflix to cut down my horrendous cable bill (Comcast/Fla), and have noticed comments that Comcast may soon be implementing data caps on home Internet. I'm retired, and typically listen to Sirius most of the day - then TV/Movies at night. Because of our weather patterns here in the summer, I was thinking of going I'net for Sirius - but your point is well taken, and need to explore an outside antenna option.

Have no doubt this "streaming" technology is taking a toll on Comcast, et al......and we're going to see data caps on homes similar to cell-phones to recoup their cable TV losses.
Until Comcast officially says you are being capped I wouldn't worry about it and use the Sirius/XM online service. I have XM in the car and the internet is much higher quality. In fact I use my iPhone over the sat radio as it sounds much better. So set up for internet listening and hope the cap talk is just crap talk. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page