Login error on DSM3.1 and siriusXM - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-10-2016, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Login error on DSM3.1 and siriusXM

I am running MCA5 Russound system with a DSM3.1 I have been streaming Sirius XM for two years on this setup. Anytime I have had issues, a firmware update to the DSM has fixed it. TOday, the sat radio would not work, and it gave me an error. I checked and I did the update thinking this would fix the issue. It did not. I am getting an error that I have invalid login information.

I validated the login information on the Sirus Web page and all is good. I am connecting to the DSM via the apple MYRUSSOUND App, so connectivity should not be an issue.

I have tried entering the login information at the panel and the mobile app, and I get the same error message

Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-20-2017, 07:29 PM

Unhappy Issues with SiriusXM / login,

Jeff I know your post is a bit old by now but checking to see if you (or anyone else) found a resolution to this?

I have a new Russound system (MCA66, xSource streamers) and am experiencing the same problem. In my case my internet service is via satellite (slow) and I have been having problems logging in with valid credentials. Just today, I finally had a successful login, only to experience horrible delays in playing music through the myRussound app or keypad, which I don't encounter when using airplay to stream to the same Russound Xsource streamer. Then one hour later I find I am logged out of the SiriusXM account and am unable to log back in.

Russound technical support is suggesting something in my network configuration but have not yet provided anything specific. And given I can stream SiriusXM via airplay on my iPhone or iPad to the Russound Xsource while I cannot do the same thing via the Russound keypads or myRussound app is suspect.

To add to that, I have no issue successfully using music sources other than SiriusXM (Pandora, Spotify, iTune). That tells me there is something in the way SiriusXM is handled causing at least me a major problem.

Any comments, suggestions?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-03-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQUack View Post
Jeff I know your post is a bit old by now but checking to see if you (or anyone else) found a resolution to this?

I have a new Russound system (MCA66, xSource streamers) and am experiencing the same problem. In my case my internet service is via satellite (slow) and I have been having problems logging in with valid credentials. Just today, I finally had a successful login, only to experience horrible delays in playing music through the myRussound app or keypad, which I don't encounter when using airplay to stream to the same Russound Xsource streamer. Then one hour later I find I am logged out of the SiriusXM account and am unable to log back in.

Russound technical support is suggesting something in my network configuration but have not yet provided anything specific. And given I can stream SiriusXM via airplay on my iPhone or iPad to the Russound Xsource while I cannot do the same thing via the Russound keypads or myRussound app is suspect.

To add to that, I have no issue successfully using music sources other than SiriusXM (Pandora, Spotify, iTune). That tells me there is something in the way SiriusXM is handled causing at least me a major problem.

Any comments, suggestions?
Anyone interested in this post: I've been working with Russound technical support and they have found a problem on their end. They are in process of creating a patch which should be available in the next couple weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Tags
russound dsm , sirius xm

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page