Blitzsafe Adapters? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-23-2003, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found this vague reference to "Blitzsafe Adapters" being available to utilize digital audio inputs on so-equipped OEM head units for use with XM receivers:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/xmfanstore/blauxad.html

I'm assuming it takes the 2-channel stereo analog audio output from the XM receiver and does an A to D conversion to the digital audio format required by the head unit. Am I right?

I would love to ditch the Sony FM Modulator that's between my Sony plug 'n play XM unit and the Alpine OEM head unit that came in my Mercedes. (The head unit has no analog aux input...just digital optical for the CD changer in the trunk.) I have a 1999 C230 Kompressor Sport with the Alpine OEM setup that was standard for that year plus the changer. Would I be able to switch between the XM adapter and the changer?

I checked the Blitzsafe website XM Radio Application Guide but it doesn't work. They do list a CD-changer Blitzsafe adapter for 1999-2002 "All MB except ML" as "available soon."

HiDefDave

WPTV/WFLX West Palm Beach, FL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-23-2003, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Update:

www.xmfan.com replied to an email query, stating that Britzsafe lists an XM adapter for my vehicle as "available soon," also.

HiDefDave

post #3 of 4 Old 07-16-2003, 09:24 PM

I had a Ventura technologies adapter in my BMW. It used the CD changer wiring in the trunk to allow me to control a Pioneer GEX900 (I think that was the unit number). It did not support text in my car but it did give me the channel numbers and the ability to use the steering wheel controls to change the channels. I have recently switched to an FM modulated Delphi unit because I needed the changer adapter in the trunk for a Phatbox (mp3 player). The sound through the adapter was much better. There are several companies that make these kind of adapters. I would suggest for you to look at Logjam electronics on the web to see if they have an adapter for your car. They carry most of the adapters that are currently available. They are also extremely helpful and courteous when replying to questions. Good luck!
post #4 of 4 Old 07-18-2003, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks, I'll give Logjam a try!

HiDefDave

Closed Thread XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version