Discovered Sirius Satellite in a Hertz rent a car. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-02-2003, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sirius made a great move installing several Satellite radios in Hertz rent a cars. I immediately went out and purchased one for my wifes Lexus and my BMW. I will never go back to commercial radio with the exception of a few AM radio shows that are not yet on Sirius. Uncensored Comedy and the best music on the planet.

I sure hope the format lasts,

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-05-2003, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

With your support I'm sure it will. BTW What did you like the most about your "test" drive with Sirius? Was it the selection? Lack of commercials? Sound Quality?

At first I didn't like the idea of paying $10 per month or more for Satellite Radio. However, I realized that going with XM or Sirius Radio would add value to my entertanmain moreso than spending another $10-15 going from the Bronze cable package to Gold.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-13-2003, 04:23 PM

Ok.. it's driving me crazy.. It's SIRIUS.

Sterling
Moderator at SiriusBackstage.com
post #4 of 6 Old 07-13-2003, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the catch. However Sirius is the DUMBEST name I've heard in a while. Sirius needs to take their Marketing team...and execute them.

I mean this is Marketing 101.

XMRadio vs Sirius. Which name do you think will tell the neophyte that the product has to do with "Radio"?
post #5 of 6 Old 07-13-2003, 08:19 PM

I don't think it's a dumb name. It's a strong term that lets you know they are "serious" about their service.. I relate XM to the likes of FM/AM radio. Why would you want to be related to traditional services when you are nothing like them?

Here are some facts on the word Sirius.

Sirius is the brightest star in the constellation Canis Major, and is also the brightest star we can see in the northern hemisphere. In addition to these two facts, there are also some interesting tidbits about this star which are less well-known.

The ancient Egyptians called Sirius the 'dog star', after their god Osirus, whose head in pictograms resembled that of a dog. In Egypt, Sirius shines for most of the summer, and since it is such a bright star, the Egyptians actually believed that the additional light from this nearby star was responsible for the summer heat. This of course is not true. However the origin of the phrase 'the dog days of summer' comes from this ancient belief -- the 'dog star' being the root of this common saying!

Sterling
Moderator at SiriusBackstage.com
post #6 of 6 Old 07-15-2003, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

BuggyBoyCA -

Man that's cool info. That puts things in a whole new light. Now I think it's kind of cool(What the hell..I'm fickle LOL). Thanks for that tidbit of information. You've helped me avoid sounding ignorant the next time this comes up. Cheers
Closed Thread XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page