Wireless speaker and FM/XM question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-24-2017, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wireless speaker and FM/XM question

I just asked this on another forum, but I still need clarification.

I have an old portable Roady XT that has an external FM transmitter plugged into it so I can get music in two different stereos off of XM radio. Works great.

Now I would like to get XM radio to play in a wireless bluetooth speaker outside. I was told about bluetooth transmitters which sounded great but after reading about them, I realized that the bluetooth speaker would have to be in close proximity to the transmitter. The portable XM radio is in my bedroom at the back of the house, and the wireless bluetooth speaker would be nearer the front of the house and outside several feet so I don't think that would work. Also I read where there couldn't be any walls in-between the transmitter and the bluetooth device and no metal either. We have a mobile home with metal walls on the outside.

I am wondering if I got a small bluetooth FM radio and set it to the frequency of the FM transmitter and took it outside, if I would be able to pair the FM radio to the speaker and get XM radio off of that like I can my other stereos? I don't know any easier way to ask this. If you need clarification, let me know.

UPDATE:

I received my wireless blue tooth speaker today. It has FM capability. I turned on my stereo, clicked on FM, then turned on the FM transmitter connected to my XM radio. I turned the blue tooth speaker on and found the FM frequency that I had my XM radio tuned to and got the same station!! So, it works. No one answered me here so I am assuming no one saw my post that knew what to do or anyone who saw it needed the answer, too. I took the speaker outside and couldn't go all that far before it got static but I found a place to put it in the yard and so now I can hear my XM stations outside from my new speaker. Hope that helps someone else out!

Last edited by plantsower; 04-26-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page