Anybody bought secondhand Radio with Lifetime Subscription? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-29-2017, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Anybody bought secondhand Radio with Lifetime Subscription?

I am considering buying a Portable unit on Ebay with a lifetime Subscription on it. Sellers with these units have thousands of sells, all 100% positive feedback.
I was wondering if anyone here had done that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-03-2017, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I haven't. But things like that give me a "buyer beware" spidey sense tingling.

Too good to be true IMHO. A lot of units like that are "activated" for a little while, then shut off. I would avoid the headaches unless you can get it cheap.

Like no more than $25 cheap. If they are asking A LOT of money, don't do it. That is all that service is worth now anyway.

I was a customer for over 10-12 years. First XM. Then Sirius when Howard Stern came aboard. Then SiriusXM when they merged.

Dropped them about 2 years ago, and have not missed them at all. They play/have played to many games with their customers over the years SINCE they merged. ASK Lifetime Sub's their sob stories.

Probably one of them selling on EBay to recoup some of their losses. It was a $500 upfront fee for LIFETIME if I remember.

Like I said. Offer $25, no more.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-03-2017, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkscism View Post
I am considering buying a Portable unit on Ebay with a lifetime Subscription on it. Sellers with these units have thousands of sells, all 100% positive feedback.
I was wondering if anyone here had done that?
You do realize that eBay has buyer protection, right? That means that if ANYTHING is wrong, you're not going to have a problem with a refund. You may have to wait a week if the seller wants to be an ass, but you'll still get your money back.

post #4 of 4 Old 09-03-2017, 10:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post
I haven't. But things like that give me a "buyer beware" spidey sense tingling.

Too good to be true IMHO. A lot of units like that are "activated" for a little while, then shut off. I would avoid the headaches unless you can get it cheap.

Like no more than $25 cheap. If they are asking A LOT of money, don't do it. That is all that service is worth now anyway.

I was a customer for over 10-12 years. First XM. Then Sirius when Howard Stern came aboard. Then SiriusXM when they merged.

Dropped them about 2 years ago, and have not missed them at all. They play/have played to many games with their customers over the years SINCE they merged. ASK Lifetime Sub's their sob stories.

Probably one of them selling on EBay to recoup some of their losses. It was a $500 upfront fee for LIFETIME if I remember.

Like I said. Offer $25, no more.
I purchased the Sirius Everything Lifetime subscription on December 30, 2007 for $415.89 total. So the math tells me it has been about 117 consecutive months at a net down and inevitably declining $3.55 per month so far. And possibly the best thing about it is I do not need to call them or anyone else every 6 months or whatever to re-up or re-negotiate a rate.

Yes, I was pissed when I didn't get every new channel added on both services after the "merger" that wasn't really a merger for a while. But I live far outside of the USA and only use the mobile app or the online listening service, haven't touched a Sirius radio in years. I left mine with my brother back in the USA 5 years ago with whatever information needed to keep it going but I have no idea if he is even using it. Therefore, I don't know what kind of hijinks and games the powers that be are playing with the radio end of the deal. And whatever it is I am not getting online or through the mobile app now I apparently don't feel I am missing it. Maybe it is some of the sports stuff. Not sure since I am not an online/radio listening sports guy anyway.

Since they grandfathered the Lifetime Subs into the free SiriusXM mobile app deal I have not had any complaints or regrets in popping for that Lifetime Sub back in December 2007.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page