Delphi IR woes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-29-2003, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a Delphi SkyFi with home docking kit. The remote is barely usable, I basically have to be right in front of the unit for it to work, the room is quite bright but it really should be better than this. Anyone else having this problem?. It seems bad even with my MX-500 remote that has a powerful IR emitter so the problem seems with the receiver.

The second problem is trying to teach the remote codes to my Home Theater Master MX-500. The number keys work fine, but the Up/Down, +/- and Category buttons only work one time i.e + and - move up and down 1 channel but no more, category buttons will move up and down 1 category etc. Does the Delphi remote send sequences of codes for these buttons?.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-29-2003, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've noticed that the remote does need a near perfect line of sight to work properly. When it gets it though, I've been able to use it functionally to about 20 feet. Can't help with the remote programming as I'm too lazy to program it into my Pronto just yet...

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 09-03-2003, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
The remote thing is weird. There are plenty of reports on the net of people who have issues and plenty of reports from others that say their remote is the best thing ever. Some guy over at xmfan has his clipped to his visor and it shoots off the back glass of his Toyota minivan and works his SkyFi on his dash. This is a far cry from what I get with mine as I usually have to have the remote lined up perfectly, 2 feet from the unit and even then it only works half the time. There must be some issues with some of the SkyFi kits.

XBOX Live: SheriffTruman

Do you want a nice Keystone Jack panel behind your TV with HDMI, and Toslink? Check This Thread at AVS
post #4 of 5 Old 09-03-2003, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Sometimes the remote can be pain, I pretty much have it down at what places in my room I can use the remote from. From my desk, if I turn right 90 degrees and point the remote right at the receiver it will work, most of the time. I like the style and feel of the remote, nice and compact I just wish the SKYFi had an IR sensor with a wider view.

Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

post #5 of 5 Old 09-05-2003, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
After using this thing for a week, I've given up on the remote completely as with either the Delphi remote or the MX-500 the only place it reliably works is when I'm almost close enough to reach the front panels controls. I'm considering sticking an IR repeater right on the sensor and just giving up on the idea of moving the unit around, basically just build it into my HT setup.

Tony
Closed Thread XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page