XM Canada Wants To Start Charging For Internet Streaming - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-04-2007, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got an E Mail from XM Canada, telling me "Great News, you can subscribe to streaming on the internet." Funny, how it used to be free, when I paid my subscription for a year.

Here is a copy:

Quote:

Great News
The success of XM Radio Online (XMRO) has been outstanding. We are thrilled at the great response we have received - with a huge number of people listening to XM on line. Many of you have asked that we make XMRO available as a regular part of our product portfolio and we have delivered, creating XMRO as a stand alone product offering.

What is XMRO?
XM Radio Online is XM's internet radio offering that gives you unlimited access to over 60 channels of amazing programming and exclusive content available only on line. XMRO is a great way to experience the innovative programming you can hear on XM Satellite Radio and allows you to enjoy hours of your favourite music channels designed by North America's top programmers.

XMRO Available to Everyone
Even if you don't have a subscription to XM Satellite Radio, you can still enjoy the great sounds of XM Radio Online for a small fee. Listen to XM's commercial free music, exclusive music series including Artist Confidential and uncensored comedy from anywhere you have access to an internet connection!

Pricing for New XM Subscribers:

XM Service Price
XMRO as a stand alone service
(Available September 1, 2007) $14.99/Month
XMRO with existing XM service $9.99/Month

Special Offer Just For You
As a loyal customer who helped to pioneer XMRO, we are pleased to offer you an extension of your existing trial subscription to XMRO for the next six months. Before September 1, 2007 we will send you a special offer that will allow you to continue to enjoy XMRO for only $1 a month when you sign up for a year's subscription - that's a savings of over $100 off the regular price of $9.99 a month!

Pricing for Existing XMRO Subscribers:

XM Service Timing Price
XMRO March 1, 2007- August 31, 2007 FREE
September 1, 2007 - August 31, 2008 $1/Month (For 1 Year Subscription)
September 31, 2008 $9.99/Month

Thank You
Thank you from all us at XM Satellite Radio for helping to make XMRO into a great success. We hope that you continue to enjoy XM's amazing programming on line!!

Sincerely,
The XM Satellite Radio Team

Another rip off! One less customer, when my yearly subscription expires!

I own a Samsung BD UP5000 with over a 1000 Blu Ray Movies

I also own a Toshiba D3 & Toshiba A30 plus 175 HD DVD Movies

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page