post #91 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight2001 View Post

I hope and pray, Sirius is not so stupid to hire that Racist. I will personally drop my subscription and I'm sure others will also, if they do hire him. From reading this post, no one has said that this firing wasn't just from what he said recently but according to the NBC head, (can't remember his name right now) there has been a series of incidents. Mike Wallace on 60 Minutes pointed out when Imus and his flunkies used the 'N' word in the past.

Please don't respond by saying rappers use the 'N' word too. It doesn't negate what he did. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Was Sharpton and Jackson oppurtunist? Sure they were. Imus isn't only a Racist but stupid for falling into their trap.

From all accounts, co-workers outside of the show dreaded working with him and found him to be beligerent. I really believe NBC and CBS were looking for an excuse to fire him.

As an American we have to get past this climate where it's ok to use Racist and Sexist terms without consequence. This is not a 1st Amendment issue. He has attacked people who do not have a forum to respond. It's also not a simple stick and stones issue either. No one has ever been hit with a stick or had a stone thrown at them without some words first being said. It was comfortable for Racist to first use the 'N' word and then graduate to Lynching.

I'm not just referring to Racist, but also to Rappers who think it's ok to refer to women as Hoes and Bitches. Next you will have all the 'Pacman'Jones of the world beating up on women, whether they are strippers or not.

If this sentiment is not nipped in the bud it could result in disastreous cirmcumstances.

I'm glad to see Don Imus go and hope he never comes back.

Dwight2001

My only comment to your statement is this,

Chinese, Arabs, Caucasians, Native Americans, Irish, Greeks, Catholics, Jews are all fair game and take hits left and right !!

As soon as African Americans take a hit(by a White) the world explodes. yet I watch racist blacks over and over on Fox news put whites down with racist comments, and these are black LEADERS!!! Sorry but as a whitey american It gets very annoying to the point were I find myself starting to hate !!

What Imus did was wrong, definitely WRONG...but good god,
can this get blown out of proportion anymore then it is. The man LOST a 30 year career....

you would think he killed someone...

Panasonic 65" plasma*

Denon 4520* 

PSB T45* PSB B15* PSB C60*

Dual PSA XS30* Dual PSA XS15se*

Squeezbox*

Niles ZR-6 6 Source, 6 room Audio Reciever*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post

...Catholics, Jews are all fair game and take hits left and right !!
....What Imus did was wrong, definitely WRONG...can this get blown out of proportion anymore then it is. The man LOST a 30 year career....you would think he killed someone...

Like I said a few days ago

It's this selective sensitivity the hypocrisy is neck deep.

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
post #93 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
poor guy.....thank god us hispanics hate everyone equally... LOLOLOLOL

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
post #94 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I don't think what Imus did was wrong. Hell I think it was even funny. So someones FEELINGS got hurt , yep sure lets fire someone now, opps there goes freedom of speech and kiss regular radio bye bye because its over. Maybe what he did was bad because now everytime I see a black chick I think right off oh look a nappy headed ho.

Come on people , it's got to the point were feelings can't even be hurt now. Jesus this country is becoming a joke more and more every day.

Imus will never go to siruis howard says he'd never allow it. So the whole thread is pointless.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #95 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie845 View Post

Well said...

Plus add bad timing into the mix too.... I hate to say this, but I don't how to say it any other way. If Imus opened his big fat mouth this week, with all thats happening in VA. the cameras wouldn't be on Sharpton, and with Sharpton if there no cameras there's no cause...So Imus probably would still have his job....

That is the thing about the press in general, and the public at large is very fickle, and can change where it's focusing on in a heartbeat.

Especially if something else BIG comes along.

I agree, Don Imus is probably somewhat/somewhere deep inside himself is relieved that the tragedy occured in Blacksburg, VA yesterday.

QUIZ: WHAT WAS THE #1 STORY ON SEPTEMBER 10th, 2001 BEFORE THOSE PLANES TRAGICALLY HIT THE TWIN TOWERS, PENTAGON, AND CRASHED IN WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA?

Anyone remember?

I'll give you hints later on if you don't know. Once I mention it, you will be like, "Oh Yeah!"

Got him(IMUS) off the front page, and out of people's minds.

Now for the next couple of weeks will be hearing about how:

1. The campus police/police in general did a bad job(which I 100% DISAGREE WITH. This is the reason to hate lawyers/and the press in general. They did everything they could. Everyone's hindsight is 20/20 now, of course. And the county/college will most likely get sued over this)

2. How we need better gun control, and how the 2nd Amendment should be wiped out of the Amendments to the Constitution. Spoken by complete morons like Rosie, and any other blowhard who can get a little attention. But, they are entitled to their opinions.

QUIZ: ANYONE KNOW "WHY" THE 2ND AMENDMENT WAS ADDED O THE CONSTITUTION?

I am not looking for your "CURRENT" political beliefs, but the reason(at least the most mentioned reason) why it was put in there.

P.S. Here is a GREAT article written by Jason Whitlock of the Kansas City Star about the whole Don"Bigot" Imus, Reverand"Tawana Brawley, I don't pay any of my bills" Sharpton, and Jesse "Hymie Town" Jackson.

Excellent read, and well put. He even nails the head coach of Rutgers Women's Basketball, who is getting off "scott free", and he is 100% correct on that:

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html
post #96 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

this seems to be going now where.... MOD... please close this thread..... this might get ugly...

post #97 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Chinese, Arabs, Caucasians, Native Americans, Irish, Greeks, Catholics, Jews are all fair game and take hits left and right !!

On Imus's show they sure were fair game, along with him being fair game. I don't think a show went by where one of his crew didn't wish for him to die.

Of all the hypocrisy and BS I think thats what surprises me most. There was never any hate involved in the ethnic and sexist jokes, it was just funny stuff..

Maybe it's just me, living in NY all my life and being around all sorts of different ethnic groups I've been on both ends of ethnic jokes.. As long as they weren't hurtful or hateful 99% of the people I know enjoy a good laugh once in awhile, even at their own expense....

I guess sense of humor is another victim of the politically correct word police..
post #98 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

QUIZ: WHAT WAS THE #1 STORY ON SEPTEMBER 10th, 2001 BEFORE THOSE PLANES TRAGICALLY HIT THE TWIN TOWERS, PENTAGON, AND CRASHED IN WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA?

Anyone remember?

I remember it being Lizzy Grubman. She backed her daddy's AMG 55 MB SUV into a crowd at OBI in LI.. do I win?

Larry

post #99 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN56706 View Post

this seems to be going now where.... MOD... please close this thread..... this might get ugly...

I think this discussion has been very civil... Especially compared to the Stern/O&A threads of the past....
post #100 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think this discussion has been very civil... Especially compared to the Stern/O&A threads of the past....

I agree.

Larry

post #101 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Stern/O&A, you had to bring them in to this, you ^&%#(%#@!%*er

Panasonic 65" plasma*

Denon 4520* 

Squeezbox*

post #102 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

true but i just dont want it to get out of hand....

the media has gotten out of control.... but i dispise al sharpton and jesse jackson.... they are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.....

no one can say anything....its becoming disgusting

post #103 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

true but i just dont want it to get out of hand....

the media has gotten out of control.... but i dispise al sharpton and jesse jackson.... they are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.....

no one can say anything....its becoming disgusting

I think AVS is more civil...

Panasonic 65" plasma*

Denon 4520* 

Squeezbox*

post #104 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL3HD View Post

I remember it being Lizzy Grubman. She backed her daddy's AMG 55 MB SUV into a crowd at OBI in LI.. do I win?

Nope. Try Again

Hint:

This individual was being touted as a possibly being involved in murdering someone. This person was completely unknown(only known by his constiguents. Hint! Hint!) to the public at large until this tragedy happened, and then the press took hold, and went nuts as usual.

Can we please place people like Nancy Grace and Geraldo Rivera as THE WORST PEOPLE IN WORLD LIST permenantly? That would be nice.
post #105 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post

Stern/O&A, you had to bring them in to this, you ^&%#(%#@!%*er

Quote:

rue but i just dont want it to get out of hand....

I hear ya.. But shock jocks aside, I think most here seem to be in agreement on most of the other issues on what happened last week...
post #106 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nope. Try Again

Hint:

This individual was being touted as a possibly being involved in murdering someone. This person was completely unknown(only known by his constiguents. Hint! Hint!) to the public at large until this tragedy happened, and then the press took hold, and went nuts as usual.

Can we please place people like Nancy Grace and Geraldo Rivera as THE WORST PEOPLE IN WORLD LIST permenantly? That would be nice.

I'll take my prize in cash please.....

Gary Condit
post #107 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

what about him..... does he have anything to do with this topic

post #108 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Gary Condit

I couldn't think of his name but I like my answer better. Condit's situation was a lingering news story that just wouldn't go away. It was kicked around back and forth in the media for a long time. Lizzie was a more recent story that was primed for a big press conclusion. Then the world changed and her screen time was done.

Larry

post #109 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Gary Condit

A BIG, GIGANTIC, ED MCMAHON "You are correct, sir!" to you.

Gary Condit. Name ring a bell.

I am not sure about the timelinne here, but he had,, just before 9/11, did the interview with Connie Chung where his answer was mainly, "I can't or won't answer that question at this time Connie."

Now this poor guy DID have a relationship with Chandra Levy(probably an affair), and then people began to think he had her "killed" to keep her mouth shut.

Low and behold, after the true evil people in the world(Geraldo mainly. Satan's wife, Nancy Grace, was not on the scene yet) had pretty much CONDEMENED the guy to actually murderring this poor girl(Duke Case, Jon-Benet's family anyone?) to keep her quiet, her body turns up a year or two(I am not sure when, but at least a year) in a Park in Washington, D.C. Turns out she was murdered in a random act, or scarier, a possible serial killer STILL possibly living in the D.C. area.

This case has never been solved to my knowledge.

His9Condits) career as a Congressman was destroyed, and who knows if he still is married or not. Or if he even has a relationship with his kids.

He did cheat. But did not kill.

But don't tell that to the press. They will decide. And then when they are proven wrong, you won't hear a damn thing for them.

Why?

Because they have already moved on to their next victim/victims long ago.
post #110 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

again.... what does this have to do with IMUS situation....

post #111 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL3HD View Post

I couldn't think of his name but I like my answer better. Condit's situation was a lingering news story that just wouldn't go away. It was kicked around back and forth in the media for a long time. Lizzie was a more recent story that was primed for a big press conclusion. Then the world changed and her screen time was done.

Having been born and raised in NJ, and living there 24 years(in a suburb about 55 minutes from Manhattan) this falls under the NY/NYC "Myopic view" of the world according to it's citizens.

The Lizzie Grubman was BIG.

IN NYC/Hamptons/Long Island.

It mainly dealt with a little rich girl, and her stupid blunder.

Listening to H. Stern every morning gave me all the info I needed on the story out here in NW Pennsylvania.

But I can assure you nobody else cared(outside of New Yorker's and the surrounding area's in Conneticut and New Jersey)

That was not a big story outside the "New Yorkers world".

Happens all the time.
post #112 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

again.... what does this have to do with IMUS situation....

It is how the press latches on to something, that should not be a big deal or is pointless, and then moves onto it's next victim, regardless of the consequences.

It has already happened.
post #113 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

ummmm ok...

not comprehending what an alleged murder of a girl and her affair buddy wrongly accused has to do with a comment about a basketball team by a radio talk show host...

post #114 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Are you dense?

It is how the press latches on to something, that should not be a big deal or is pointless, and then moves onto it's next victim, regardless of the consequences.

It has already happened.

did the dense remark have to be put on here....

the press latches on everything....... where have you been..... what we are talking about is his remark.....

the press is and will always be the same and they dont care what race you are...

post #115 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Steeler...2 posts by you since my correct answer and no mention of my prize... I'm waiting!!!!
post #116 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. View Post

Here we go again the myth of the "liberal elite media". The biggest bunch of BS put out there by conservatives. Lets not start this please.

Not that this belongs here, but here is a story about how the Media votes. I don't think it's much of a reach to call them "Liberal".

How does the Media vote for President?

Peachtree City Golf Cart Rider
post #117 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Another snide post that didn't belong, So I deleted.
post #118 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Having been born and raised in NJ, and living there 24 years(in a suburb about 55 minutes from Manhattan) this falls under the NY/NYC "Myopic view" of the world according to it's citizens.

The Lizzie Grubman was BIG.

IN NYC/Hamptons/Long Island.

It mainly dealt with a little rich girl, and her stupid blunder.

Listening to H. Stern every morning gave me all the info I needed on the story out here in NW Pennsylvania.

But I can assure you nobody else cared(outside of New Yorker's and the surrounding area's in Conneticut and New Jersey)

That was not a big story outside the "New Yorkers world".
Happens all the time.

You're right it was local, that's exactly my point. The cable channels were giving it legs. They decided that this was going to be a story of national interest. They had it on the verge of mushrooming into a big news story but then 9-11 happened and it was gone as it deserved to be.

Edit: as you said in your above post:It is how the press latches on to something, that should not be a big deal or is pointless, and then moves onto it's next victim, regardless of the consequences.

Larry

post #119 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I get Steeler's point... Most of the time this 24/7 news does more harm then good... All the news networks care about anymore is how many eyeballs are on the screen. Content means nothing, rating means everything...

And thats why they all called Sharpton over and over last week. A controversially black man? Rating galore!! It doesn't matter the man is a race baiter and a divider...All they want is ratings..
post #120 of 229 Old 04-17-2007, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Steeler...2 posts by you since my correct answer and no mention of my prize... I'm waiting!!!!

Oops.

My admiration for actually remembering.

Most people can't/couldn't.

Sorry, all I can afford
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page