Sirius Module for Subaru Forester - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 06-19-2007, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased a new Subaru Forester with a Sirius ready radio. Now I need the module for it. Module's are manufacturer specific (JVC,Sony,Panasonic..etc). I cannot find anywhere who makes the radio for my vehicle. I didn't want to buy the module from the dealer for $500. I know I can do it myself cheaper.

Anyone have any clue who makes the radio for the 2007 Subaru Forester so I can buy the correct module?

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-04-2008, 12:55 PM

I would post on one of the big Subaru internet forums, those guys will know. Or Google is your friend, with the right string of words you might pull up some info from an existing forum thread mentioning it. I've got an Outback which is XM ready, and want to install the module myself as well. But I don't know who makes your radio and I haven't looked up mine yet either.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 PM

post #4 of 9 Old 06-11-2008, 07:22 PM

I work on Subaru's for a living, and if it's like 90% of the other ones, it's a Panasonic. I will try to remember and check tomorrow.

Loving red and blue HD.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 PM

I have the same issue, with a 2008 Impreza. Sirius-ready doesn't mean a whole lot when the cost is over $500. I just can't understand why the cost is that high when boombox and car kits are well under $200....and all this unit has to do is plug into the factory stereo which handles the display, volume, tuning, etc.

So, I will be interested in hearing the brand, and if something other than the OEM Subaru Sirius kit can be used.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-12-2008, 11:26 AM

If you car has a NAV system it is a Kenwood, but if its not, it could be either a
Clarion or Panasonic. If you guys PM me the last 8 of your VIN, the parts guys said they should be able to tell me which one is in your car. Hope this helps.

Loving red and blue HD.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-26-2008, 04:32 AM

So...is there anything out there that is an built-in alternate to the Subaru price tag for the Sirius receiver?

Any help would be great...
post #8 of 9 Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM

I too would love to know if there is a better deal out there. Just got a '08 Impreza with Sirius ready radio. Subaru wants $400, which, as mentioned, is asinine.

I spent hours on-line looking for a cheaper place and found nothing. I asked at NASIOC and only recieved one response. Probably have to but Subaru's unit or something like that was the answer I got there.

Asked at AllExperts.com and got the same answer.

I think we're screwed for now but maybe in time. The aftermarket seems to catch up slowly with some Subaru models.

By the way, hello everyone! Name's Justin and have has Sirius for many years.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 AM

Did you get this figured out? I have had hell's own time trying to make this work in my 2012 Forester Premium. the kit all the subaru web sites says work does not...the wiring harness plug is incompatible with the radio in my unit. The brackets and all install perfectly, but the harness won't connect to the factory radio, which is model no. PF3297B-A mfgd by Clarion. The instructions in the kit don't make any sense either when it comes to the plug in connect between the XM unit and factory radio. I sent it back and they responded with another kit (first was H621SSC100, the second H621ASSC300) which was actually identical to the first, except without the auxillary satellite antenna and accouterments. This has been a very frustrating deal. My "satellite ready" radio continues to sit there wanting, and nobody at Subaru seems to believe me that the units are incompatible. I learned at 2 that you can't push the triangle through the square hole!!!! Anybody had a similar experience???
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page