Why so few PLUG & PLAY receivers....? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-27-2007, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Maybe it's me. I'm just staring to get into satellite radio (SIRIUS) but it seems to me that it is quite confusing when it comes to the receivers.

I thought you could just walk into anyplace, such as RADIO SHACK and WAL-MART and buy a satellite reciever, plug it iin and listen. Well, in the few places I've tried to do that, it just seems you can't.

For instance, when I went into a local store I saw all kinds of things for sale but NONE of them were what I would call PLUG & PLAY. There were all of these KITS and BOOM BOXES etc...

Like.... Do you HAVE TO buy a boom box with one of these units? I mean, isn't this boom box essentially just an amplifier with speakers? Can't you just plug one of these units into an external pair of speakers to listen without having to spend the extra $$$ for the boom box. Cost IS a concern for me.

Also... am I overstating when I say there is a lack of PLUG and PLAY receivers? Are there a lot of radios where you could just go buy it and bring it home, pull it out of the box and plug it in and start listening?

Thanks in advance

~ LEESA ~
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page