XM subscription renewal time again...any discount codes? - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 492 Old 09-14-2012, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am posting my story here because people in this forum probably understand how I feel. Sorry this is so long.

I had been an XM subscriber for over 10 years. I started out with an XM Commander and later bought a series of Chevrolets and Cadillacs with built in XM. I never had any problems and thought the service was a good value until the merger. Since then, it has been a constant battle. Until recently, I had 3 radios on my account, all in GM cars.

I will not waste time telling all the problems I had the last 2 times I traded a vehicle with XM and wanted to transfer the paid for time on the old radio to the new one. I assume I am not the first person to ever trade in a car with XM on another car with XM, but SiriusXM service acts like it.

A few months after the last trade-in ordeal, I got a letter from XM saying one of my radios was about to expire and I needed to renew. I thought that was wrong as I knew each radio had 3 - 6 months left. I went online to my account where all 3 radios had previously been listed. I was surprised to see that now only 1 radio was listed, the one in my wife’s car. The radio in my car and the one in my daughter’s were now under separate accounts. I had to set up new log-in ID’s and passwords for each radio. I also discovered that I had not been given credit for the paid up time remaining on the last vehicle I had traded in, despite assurances I received at the time. That is why that account was expiring before it should have.

There was no way to fix any of this online, so I called SiriusXM. I held for at least 20 minutes until someone finally spoke to me. I explained the problem and was told I needed another department and was put on hold again. This time the connection was lost and I had to call back. Same result. I gave up and tried again the next day. I was hung up on again. Finally, I decided not to worry about the early expiration and forget about the several months I had paid for on the old account. I just wanted to get all the radios on one account and then renew on a “family plan” adding the additional radios at the discount rate. The person who finally answered my next call said he could take care of that. He then cancelled all my accounts and combined all three radios on one account. Sounded fine, except he then announced that he needed my credit card so he could charge me for new service on all 3 radios. I said each radio had some additional time on it and I should only be charged for one radio at this time (the one they had cheated me out of the transferred time.) He said when they combined the accounts, the old accounts were cancelled and I could not keep the time that remained on those accounts. I said that could not be correct and told him to put everything back the way it was if he could not fix it. He said he could not do that either. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He put me on hold and a few minutes later the line went dead. I tried to call back and held for 20 minutes and gave up. When I got in my car later, XM was off. My wife and daughter reported the same.

That night I sent a long and detailed emails to Sirius XM customer service trying to straighten the mess out and posted a similar message on my account page. The only replies I ever got back were canned responses saying I had a problem which could not be fixed except by my calling again. My reply was that they could call me if they wanted to keep me as a customer, but that I had already wasted several hours on the phone (mostly on hold) and I would never call again.

A couple of days later, I got a call from SiriusXM. I mistakenly thought he was calling to straighten out the problem. However, he was just calling to try to talk me out of “cancelling my account” and knew nothing about what had happened or the emails I had sent. I explained that I had not wanted to cancel my account, and wanted to renew on a family plan, etc. He said he couldn’t take care of that but that he was sure I could speak with someone who would fix it if I would just call SiriusXM again. I told him I would never call SiriusXM again. They could call me if they wanted me to renew. He said he would have someone call.

That was almost a month ago. I have never heard back from SiriusXM. I get letters almost every day inviting me to renew, but my entire family has learned that we do not need XM. My daughter listens exclusively to her iPod. I listen to sports talk AM and FM and internet radio through my iPhone. My wife listens to FM and says she doesn’t miss XM at all.

SiriusXM’s terrible customer service cost them a 10 year, 3 radio subscriber. They owe me money for the time that was left on the accounts they cancelled, but I no longer care. I just never want to have to deal with them again and will warn everyone I know to stay away from SiriusXM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 492 Old 09-14-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
That sucks but I'm not really surprised either. As you've found out, there are so many options now besides SiriusXM. I can't see ever going back now. I can listen to internet radio through my phone in the car and have a much larger selection at that. Plus internet radio doesn't go out anytime I drive under an overpass or next to a tall building like XM did. I'm perfectly happy without it.

~kyle
post #363 of 492 Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemitchell View Post

That sucks but I'm not really surprised either. As you've found out, there are so many options now besides SiriusXM. I can't see ever going back now. I can listen to internet radio through my phone in the car and have a much larger selection at that. Plus internet radio doesn't go out anytime I drive under an overpass or next to a tall building like XM did. I'm perfectly happy without it.
I agree, with our smartphones, downloads to MP3 player and flash drives, HD Radio and even local sports we never even think of Sirius anymore. When I called to cancel last year they kept dropping my calls and it was around Christmas. I sent an email detailing the calls and drops and explained I would call once more before firing off a letter to the States Attorney General Office Of Consumer Affairs. They emailed me a number that does not drop the calls, so I got through and cancelled, and last month turned of the last one. The guy offered all kinds of freebies and discounts and I stated I was just tired of dealing with them and didn't want to prolong the agony any more. We started in 2005 and were just beaten down by the way they do business. They screwed up because we don't miss it.

Dave
post #364 of 492 Old 10-07-2012, 11:53 AM

I agree that with internet radio, the need for a Sirius sub seems somewhat redundant. However, depending on where you travel (or roam) you may not have internet access or roaming will very expensive if streaming, say, if you're driving from the USA to Canada and vice versa. All it takes is that one road trip to get you frustrated with poor or no radio reception to get you to think twice about ditching that Sirius or XM sub.
post #365 of 492 Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 AM

Not really, we have over 500 CDs that I can put on a SD Card and plug it into my phone or even throw them on a flash drive and plug it into my truck.

Dave
post #366 of 492 Old 10-07-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I was actually surprised at how good the reception is with internet radio, wherever I go. It's much better than my XM reception was and I live about 25 miles outside the city. With XM I would lose reception anytime I went under an overpass and again as soon as I got downtown on the way to work when I was next to a building more than two stories in height....seriously.

~kyle
post #367 of 492 Old 10-16-2012, 10:19 AM

i have been a siriusxm customer representative in egypt..

if u want a promo heres how to get it

1st tell the representative u got a physical mail which was sent to you.. the amount is 25for6 months..

then provide them the radio id u have tell them that is the 1 that came with the letter.

if they refuse, tell them that ur going to cancel they will connect you to saves department

other promos are half-off 1year or .99cents per month

ALL SUBSCRIPTION IS BOUND FOR AUTORENEWAL AFTER THE PROMO IT WILL CHARGE YOUR CARD. BE SURE TO CALL BEFORE THE END DATE. AND THEM TO GET THE SAME PROMO RATE

HOPE IT HELPS
post #368 of 492 Old 10-17-2012, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Coincidentally I actually did receive an offer in the mail from them last week for a 6 month subscription for $25. I'm really no longer interested in their service even at that price. I've learned to do without them and am very happy with the free alternatives.

~kyle
post #369 of 492 Old 10-25-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

My $77/year deal is ending next month. I guess I'll be pushing for $77 or cancelling my account. I just don't feel that it is worth $12/month.
All I did in June was ask for $77 on renewal-no problem.Plus 2nd set $25 for 6 mos.

WAP 16.

post #370 of 492 Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Just did a renewal on my Sirius subscription. I had it for 1 year that it came with my new car free but hadn't renewed it for 2 years until today. Anyways I talked to customer service and they gave me an awesome deal for 1 year $ 97 incl. taxes. That's like $8/ month. biggrin.gif

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #371 of 492 Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
I have an old XM Direct system in my car that has been deactivated for years. A friend of mine told me about a free preview over the summer so I checked it out. I got the itch so I called and got the $25/6 deal. Unfortunately, channels kept dropping once I paid for it. Everything worked fine during the trial. It got to the point where I had to call them to send a signal to my radio every time I started my car. I really liked the service but I was sitting on hold for about 20 minutes each time and it got to be too much. They told me that this was a known issue with XM radios and that they would call me once the issue got resolved. A few months later and I still haven't gotten a call. mad.gif

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #372 of 492 Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I recently renewed my Sirus/XM account and receive all channels for 2 years for $188.
post #373 of 492 Old 12-18-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post

I recently renewed my Sirus/XM account and receive all channels for 2 years for $188.

You may want to view your online account, because the longest promo price they have is for a one year subscription. It sounds like you're paying for a one year subscription at full price. A 2 year subscription is something like $249 plus applicable taxes & fees.

The only things that you'll be offered when trying to cancel a radio should be; One Year for $86, Six Months for $43.47, Five Months for $24.99, & if eligible, Two Months of free service. (All Plus Applicable Taxes & Fees.)

If you're requesting back to back Six Months for $24.99, you most likely won't be able to get it again with the way they're changing things. Depending on the agent you get, it can vary whether or not you get set up on it again. What they will offer in replacement of that is either the five months for $24.99, or six months for $29.94. The 6for25 is too discounted to be repeated.
post #374 of 492 Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post

The 6for25 is too discounted to be repeated.

I've been offered this plan (6 months for $25) no less than six times in the last three months, the most recent was yesterday, however as I've mentioned I'm no longer interested in XM since there are so many as good or better options for free now.

~kyle
post #375 of 492 Old 12-19-2012, 01:03 PM

I mean if you have a current subscription, if you call to cancel, & ask for that same offer, you more than likely won't get it. There's also about 20,000 that are not eligible for a single promotion, they're refused anything but full price.
post #376 of 492 Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I mean if you have a current subscription, if you call to cancel, & ask for that same offer, you more than likely won't get it. There's also about 20,000 that are not eligible for a single promotion, they're refused anything but full price.

It shouldn't be this way but, if you call back and get someone else, there's a good chance you can get a promo.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #377 of 492 Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 PM

but once you hang up, that agent, like myself, will most likely make a notation about the situation, letting the next agent know that they're not eligible & should not be offered XX promo again. If a customer is rude, it won't get them very far. Yes, it's our job to keep you from canceling, but there's many more opportunities to do so, with other customers. I personally have never hung up on a customer, but I'm sure customers think I have. I actually get mad, just thinking that they would probably think I did.

There's many changes that have been made as well over the year. Like during the summer, if you have the Six Months Half Off promotion or anything less, you were refused anything under the Half off One Year promotion. That didn't make very many people happy, so they tweaked it throughout the year, taking us today, where it's only the Six For $24.99 promotion that isn't supposed to be repeated, but is still sometimes attainable
post #378 of 492 Old 12-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

but once you hang up, that agent, like myself, will most likely make a notation about the situation, letting the next agent know that they're not eligible & should not be offered XX promo again. If a customer is rude, it won't get them very far. Yes, it's our job to keep you from canceling, but there's many more opportunities to do so, with other customers. I personally have never hung up on a customer, but I'm sure customers think I have. I actually get mad, just thinking that they would probably think I did.
There's many changes that have been made as well over the year. Like during the summer, if you have the Six Months Half Off promotion or anything less, you were refused anything under the Half off One Year promotion. That didn't make very many people happy, so they tweaked it throughout the year, taking us today, where it's only the Six For $24.99 promotion that isn't supposed to be repeated, but is still sometimes attainable

All I can do is comment on my experience and that of people that I have spoken with. We have all been told by an agent that we can't get the promo, only to call back and get one.

post #379 of 492 Old 12-22-2012, 07:58 PM

Because after deactivating your radio, you're more than likely transferred to sales, who are paid to reactivate your radio on that promotion. The Cancellation department isn't allowed to give you certain things that the sales department can. Most customers are the run around customers who will do anything to get the cheapest promotion. The ones who only want the 6for25, are the ones who I will gladly cancel out their radio for however it is, just so they don't have service.
post #380 of 492 Old 12-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

joeepistonee-

Much Thanks! for the intel. As luck would have it, I just traded up on a new GMC. I should have XM/Sirius for 3-6 months free. I will post again when the free trial ends and tell you guys the newest deal going.
Merry Christmas!
post #381 of 492 Old 12-25-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post

joeepistonee-
Much Thanks! for the intel. As luck would have it, I just traded up on a new GMC. I should have XM/Sirius for 3-6 months free. I will post again when the free trial ends and tell you guys the newest deal going.
Merry Christmas!

No problem, just make sure that if you had a previous subscription on an old vehicle, you call to cancel it. If you have made up your mind on continuing service on your new GMC, I would suggest setting up the follow-on service that way you avoid interruption in service & having to call back It makes it easier, & I'm most certain they will be willing to work with you on a price.
post #382 of 492 Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM

Well guys ...........i worked for Sirius Xm us division ...for 7 month ...............
we don't have 77$ promo offer ........never did never had !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if u wanna get promos ....u simply follow one of these :
1-leave Ur radio to be deactivated and they will contact u by email /mail/call but keep checking ur account online ... in order not to be transferred to a Collection Agency ,,,,customers will only be transferred to collection agency only if the outstanding above 50$

2-tell the rep that u wanna cancel and that u had fed up with the ****** service # they will transfer u to The proper department and that is where u can push .............. u can get if for free ....just keep bushing ........ u might get 6 month for 27$ or 12 month for 95 or even get 1 month for free biggrin.gif

3-u can simply ask to get a promo ..if the rep was nice ..he is gonna give it to u........... and by the way ..if the rep gave it to u ....the rep will be in trouble ..... and might get deductions or even fired #

and Plz read the damn customer agreement online .........
post #383 of 492 Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 PM

Finally after many years with XM I cancelled the service tonight, rep had no deals to offer....made sure to reference a contact name and a confirmation # just in case they forget to cancel...time to move on.
post #384 of 492 Old 01-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Welcome, John Jack Penni.

Thank You! for the intel. Why did you leave SiriusXM?
post #385 of 492 Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendk View Post

Finally after many years with XM I cancelled the service tonight, rep had no deals to offer....made sure to reference a contact name and a confirmation # just in case they forget to cancel...time to move on.

Happened to me about 2 months ago. Renewal time came; always been on some promo plan since 2007. This time, no offers, just full price. I said thanks but no thanks, and they said good bye.

The funny thing is, my son and I each bought cars the same month in 2007. He never even activated his XM and has since sold the car. Yet about every 2 months or so I get an offer to my house (where he hasn't lived since 2003 so I have no idea how XM has this address) from XM with all kinds of offers for his radio.

So I know offers are out there, but I must be on a list not allowed to get them anymore.

As you say, time to move on. It was nice while it lasted.
post #386 of 492 Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john jack penni View Post

Well guys ...........i worked for Sirius Xm us division ...for 7 month ...............
we don't have 77$ promo offer ........never did never had !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if u wanna get promos ....u simply follow one of these :
1-leave Ur radio to be deactivated and they will contact u by email /mail/call but keep checking ur account online ... in order not to be transferred to a Collection Agency ,,,,customers will only be transferred to collection agency only if the outstanding above 50$

2-tell the rep that u wanna cancel and that u had fed up with the ****** service # they will transfer u to The proper department and that is where u can push .............. u can get if for free ....just keep bushing ........ u might get 6 month for 27$ or 12 month for 95 or even get 1 month for free biggrin.gif

3-u can simply ask to get a promo ..if the rep was nice ..he is gonna give it to u........... and by the way ..if the rep gave it to u ....the rep will be in trouble ..... and might get deductions or even fired #

and Plz read the damn customer agreement online .........

1. They DID have the $77/yr promo, back in 2011 & before that, went to $86/yr 1/01/12.

2. If you leave your radio to be deactivated, or just ignore the invoices you receive, you're responsible for the amount of time used from the original date of renewal, until it goes inactive. If the radio completely cancels out & the balance is written-off, then you are then stuck with a "bad debt." It doesn't matter if it's over $50 or not,

3. Sure you can ask for a promo, but it doesn't mean you're going to get one. If the rep doesn't give you one, they will NOT get in trouble or fired, we're not supposed to hand out promos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post

Happened to me about 2 months ago. Renewal time came; always been on some promo plan since 2007. This time, no offers, just full price. I said thanks but no thanks, and they said good bye.

The funny thing is, my son and I each bought cars the same month in 2007. He never even activated his XM and has since sold the car. Yet about every 2 months or so I get an offer to my house (where he hasn't lived since 2003 so I have no idea how XM has this address) from XM with all kinds of offers for his radio.

So I know offers are out there, but I must be on a list not allowed to get them anymore.

As you say, time to move on. It was nice while it lasted.

Unfortunately, you were probably among the specific number of account holders that were flagged for having too many promotions, hence why you weren't offered anything.
post #387 of 492 Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 AM

I'm in Canada and just bought a new Hyundai Elantra in December with XM and 3-month trial. I got a call a few days to get me to subscribe for 2.50/month after the trial for the first 3 months (around $10 for three months) but at 49.99 for 3 months after that I didn't feel I used the service enough to justify ~$15 a month (taxes in).

$10 for 3 is awesome, but I don't want to go $200 for a year. I took the 3 months but will probably decline after that.

I have never failed. I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
post #388 of 492 Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 PM

So my son got a new car (used, but new to him) that has XM. They called him after a couple of weeks and asked if he liked the service, which he had never had.

He was curios about it because his nav in the car has a feature for traffic updates, but it's through the XM subscription.

He asked the XM rep about it, but the guy didn't know anything about it. He offered my son the 3 month $20 something deal, so he took it to try.

Of course, that doesn't include the traffic updates, which is why he was trying it. Living in LA it w/b nice, but it's an extra $4/month, so once his 3 months are up he's cancelling.
post #389 of 492 Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM

Was offered the $86 for 12 months for Select and $107 for Premiere, with 3.50 per month (bundled rate) for internet radio for one year with first month free. Added both of my radios with a 12 month total of $249.39. The call was routed to there Manila Philippines call center. Very helpful nice rep.
post #390 of 492 Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM

I just cancelled my Sirius radio account, will they call me back with a better rate? Thanks
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page