XM subscription renewal time again...any discount codes? - Page 18 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
post #511 of 527 Unread 01-16-2015, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I called and tried to get the deal as posted above:

XM Select 6 Month @ 24.99
SiriusXM Travel Link 6 Month @ 5.97
NavTraffic 6 Month @ 11.97
U.S. Music Royalty Fee @ 3.12
Total Previous Charges = $46.05

The rep told me $64 for 6 months was the best she could do so I declined.

Norm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 527 Unread 01-22-2015, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FYI, when I called to re-up for the current 6mth/$28 deal they tried to tell me is was only for specific radios, not including my car. They said they could only re-up my prior deal of 5mths/$28. I pushed back and, surprise, they suddenly could give me the 6mth deal. Just want to give everyone a heads-up on this 'only for certain radios' dodge -- it's not true.
post #513 of 527 Unread 02-02-2015, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well, here is what has happened too me as of 2/3/15 12:00pm EST.

I called 866-635-2349 to "cancel", and requested that I would like to get INTERNET ONLY service for $25/6months, and too remove my Stiletto 100 from my account so I can sell it. If I could not get that, I would not re-up.

Lady told me best she could do was $44/6 months for Sirius Everything. I decided I have had enough. The ONLY thing I listen too on Sirius is HOWARD STERN, which is why I wanted the Internet ONLY deal. She would not give too me.

So after 12 years, I am done with Satellite Radio. It is sad, but other services(Pandora/ITune Radio) just offer better servie for music, and MUCH BETTER SOUND. I mean it is not even close. And to get PANDORA ONE for like $55/Year, that is worth it for the 100 TIMES BETTER SOUND ALONE.

Losing HOWARD STERN SUCKS!! That I wil admit. But I am not going to pay $100/year just for him. Even though this may be his last year on Sirius(which I am hoping for. That he creates his own APP, and just has his show, plus all of his archives, and other radio talent on it. Hoping. Not likely), it is just not worth it to have to go through this every year.

So I am gone. And here is the sad thing where I "Cut off my nose to spite my face." I STILL HAVE A CREDIT of $74 on my account.

WHY?! Because the credit that was on there was placed there by a GIFT CARD so NO REFUND. Now, that Piss### me off, but I can afford to eat the loss if I have too. Just to let others BEWARE that if you have a credit on your account that came from GIFT CARDS, and you want too cancel, YOU WILL NOT GET THAT MONEY BACK.

So that is what happened too me. I injured myself here, but I am sort of glad to done with Sirius. And here is HOPING HOWARD STERN leaves and does what I hope he wil do. If not, he will just not be part of my life anymore after 29 years.

Oh, well. I am 41. Have to grow up at some point I guess

P.S. This is off topic. CONGRATS to NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. This is coming from a HUGE STEELER FAN, as my name says. And now TOM BRADY is the GREATEST QB EVER. I am sorry to all the haters, including those in PIT, but he is. Just face it. The guy has won MORE with LESS(outside of Randy Moss, and GRONK)on OF than any QB in NFL history. I am sorry to Joe Montana/Terry Bradshaw/Peyton Manning/Dan Marino/Jim Kelley/Otto Graham/John Elway, but he is the BEST EVER.

Left out JOHNNY UNITAS, as he is the "ONLY" one where an arguement could be made. Congrats Tom.
post #514 of 527 Unread 02-04-2015, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got $25 for six months. I was offered two other rates before getting the $25 rate. I am resigned to the fact that it is a necessary evil to renew every six months. Be polite but firm and keep insisting you will cancel if you don't get the rate. I've never been turned down.
toddman36 likes this.
post #515 of 527 Unread 02-04-2015, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

So I am gone. And here is the sad thing where I "Cut off my nose to spite my face." I STILL HAVE A CREDIT of $74 on my account.

WHY?! Because the credit that was on there was placed there by a GIFT CARD so NO REFUND. Now, that Piss### me off, but I can afford to eat the loss if I have too. Just to let others BEWARE that if you have a credit on your account that came from GIFT CARDS, and you want too cancel, YOU WILL NOT GET THAT MONEY BACK.
It took me 2 whole days to realize I was an A** for doing this. The least I could do was sign up for internet only until the $74 ran out than stop the service. Should get at least 3 months out of it.

With Internet only, it is like $20/month(taxes+fees), not $15/month.

Still won't be back for good though. Just until credit is gone.
post #516 of 527 Unread 02-06-2015, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
It took me 2 whole days to realize I was an A** for doing this. The least I could do was sign up for internet only until the $74 ran out than stop the service. Should get at least 3 months out of it.

With Internet only, it is like $20/month(taxes+fees), not $15/month.

Still won't be back for good though. Just until credit is gone.
It makes sense to do it that way. Use all of the balance first. Mine renewel is 3-3, so ill be calling on March 2nd.
post #517 of 527 Unread 02-07-2015, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA5CMPB View Post
It makes sense to do it that way. Use all of the balance first. Mine renewel is 3-3, so ill be calling on March 2nd.
Give yourself a good 8-10 day window, instead of the day before. I have read on here, and elsewhere, where some people have cancelled the day before, and STILL their CC/Debit Card was hit because the process did not get completed in time.

I would say 10 days min before 3-3-15. You will get a credit pro-rated if you stay, or your CC/Debit Card will get that pro-rate put on it. Either way, you will be safe.
post #518 of 527 Unread 02-07-2015, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithos View Post
I called in last week and said I want the $77 for 12 month deal and they gave it to me.
I perpetually renew Sirius for like $96/year. Sometimes I've let it expire first; the last time I bluntly told the rep that I find it handy for long trips but the sound quality is so-so and I really don't care that much, and it's no way worth $13 a month or whatever full price is.
post #519 of 527 Unread 02-08-2015, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by head_unit View Post
I perpetually renew Sirius for like $96/year. Sometimes I've let it expire first; the last time I bluntly told the rep that I find it handy for long trips but the sound quality is so-so and I really don't care that much, and it's no way worth $13 a month or whatever full price is.
I think your being really generous when you say the sound quality is "so-so".
post #520 of 527 Unread 02-09-2015, 09:04 AM

Liked: 0
sirius Xmas renewal time, always a pain.

Just received my renewal. 175.89 all in 12 mos which includes Royalty fees and 13% tax, last year I renewed at 103.50 all in after threatening to cancel. Told them to cancel my service again this year After speaking to two reps plus a supervisor best I could get was same deal as last year. $103.50 all in. Keep,hearing about people getting it for less, is anyone getting a better deal. I would cancel just out of spite but it's nice on the long haul trips.
Thanks
post #521 of 527 Unread 02-12-2015, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

This is to anyone here with the SiriusXM INTERNET APP ONLY as a way to listen. No other connection.

Can you just sign up Online, and CANCEL, the SiriusXM app using your online account? Meaning NO INTERACTION with a phone rep calling to cancel. Just being able to do it with your online account.

I hope so. Since I could not get a discount on the internet service only, I have about $74 left in my account from Gift Cards which is NON-REFUNDABLE. That blows. So I would just use it up on the Internet App only.

But if that allows me to start and stop online using my account without any interaction with a phone rep. Since there is NO DISCOUNT with the APP alone, that I am aware of, there is no need for a phone rep.

Just wondered if anyone here is a APP ONLY user, and what their experience has been.
post #522 of 527 Unread 02-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Thanks! for sharing -All. In 2 months I will renew my subscription and post the deal that I made.
post #523 of 527 Unread 02-15-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
This is to anyone here with the SiriusXM INTERNET APP ONLY as a way to listen. No other connection.

Can you just sign up Online, and CANCEL, the SiriusXM app using your online account? Meaning NO INTERACTION with a phone rep calling to cancel. Just being able to do it with your online account.

I hope so. Since I could not get a discount on the internet service only, I have about $74 left in my account from Gift Cards which is NON-REFUNDABLE. That blows. So I would just use it up on the Internet App only.

But if that allows me to start and stop online using my account without any interaction with a phone rep. Since there is NO DISCOUNT with the APP alone, that I am aware of, there is no need for a phone rep.

Just wondered if anyone here is a APP ONLY user, and what their experience has been.
I was an app only user, but canceled a few months ago.

There is no way to cancel without talking to someone.

No option on the web, and if there is a button, I think it takes you to a page that says call a rep.
post #524 of 527 Unread 02-15-2015, 11:00 AM

I also was stupid and never called to cancel.

I kept using past the "last date of my subscription" so they kept charging until I canceled the card.
post #525 of 527 Unread 02-15-2015, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familiarsound View Post
I was an app only user, but canceled a few months ago.

There is no way to cancel without talking to someone.

No option on the web, and if there is a button, I think it takes you to a page that says call a rep.
Thanks for the info.
post #526 of 527 Unread 02-17-2015, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by larlane View Post
Just got $25 for six months. I was offered two other rates before getting the $25 rate. I am resigned to the fact that it is a necessary evil to renew every six months. Be polite but firm and keep insisting you will cancel if you don't get the rate. I've never been turned down.
I get this same price and 6 month term, never had a issue doing this with both my vehicles!
post #527 of 527 Unread Today, 06:04 AM

Customer service frustrating

I too was calling to get the best rate which I would get the 5 month plan for $30 with auto renewal. I would put fee on a "temporary" credit card that expired after 2 month to stop the maddening auto renewal. Latest time around we did the dance again. First attempt to interview me about what music I like, then plow through 3 different high priced packages until finally they would give the good package. This time couldn't get there and decided to cancel. Time to move to streaming full time. The CSR cancelled one of my subscriptions and activated a different car that had been cancelled for 6 months. WTF? Mistake or mischief?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio