XM subscription renewal time again...any discount codes? - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #571 of 589 Old 06-14-2015, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was unable to negotiate a new deal about 2 years ago. About a year ago, they had one of those preview weekends and I've been getting it free ever since then! Don't know what happened but I still don't listen to it that much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 589 Old 06-19-2015, 10:12 AM

Just got 6 months ALL ACCESS plan which is all stations and streaming for $57 total including all taxes. They had already charged me for 3 months and just used what I paid already and changed it to 6 months and gave me $1.80 back.

.. Dave

Last edited by djqwik; 06-19-2015 at 10:19 AM.
post #573 of 589 Old 06-21-2015, 05:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Exclamation Sirius/XM Price increases

Effective June 30 there will be a $1 per month increase for each radio.

http://www.siriusxm.com/2015rates
Check the 'FAQ's on the link above.

I have just one radio on the $9.99 plus (30%) Fee and tax per month, so this amounts to a greater than 10% increase.

I sure can't get 10% on my money, so it was cost effective to renew as far ahead as I could at the current rate.

Back in 2006, when XM was in danger of bankruptcy, I had renewed for five years to lock in a good rate, with the risk that bankruptcy would have canceled the subscription.

See no such risk today, but three years is the maximum term offered, even tried to do it twice (for six years), but no-go.

So if you want a worthwhile saving for the next three years, renew before the end of June. Mine was set to auto-renew (quarterly) on August 5th, they gave me a $19.53 credit for the unused days left on old subscription and now my subscription runs through June 5th, 2018.

Cost was:
Quote:
Your Modified Subscription
XM Mostly Music
Subscription renews: 06/05/2018
Plan: Three Year (renews every 36 months at then-current rates)
Audio:
XM Mostly Music
$354.72
Subtotal: $354.72
U.S. Music Royalty Fee
State Tax 37.05
City Tax 21.09
Credits/Adjustments -19.53
Total: $442.64
Please note: The pricing shown has been prorated to align with the billing date on your account.
Tax for me is Florida, if you have a cousin or other contact with an address in a lower tax state, you can use that to reduce/eliminate the tax, since it is cheaper to pay online anyway, I used to use a NC (contact address w/no tax) but then NC started taxing.
Art
post #574 of 589 Old 06-26-2015, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Well I gotta go through the ordeal again. Called them, they have a wait though so I opted for them to call me back.
EDIT: Renewed for the $89 yearly deal. I would have done the 5 month plan like you guys but I don't want to be bothered with it. I see a very VERY busy year of being on the phone alot in the future so I just don't want the hassle of having to call and go through the routine again.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME

Last edited by totalownership; 06-26-2015 at 10:58 AM.
post #575 of 589 Old 06-26-2015, 05:47 PM

Liked: 11
Thumbs up Not as Painless.

OK, todays renewal for my 2013 Chevy Volt subscription was not as painless as it has been in the past.

Prepared to cancel if they couldn't match my previous rates, I called 866-635-2349 and followed the prompts for cancellation. As usual, I was polite, reasonable, but firm. I reviewed previous pricing I had with the operator and said I would cancel if they couldn't do better, or at least match what I had. I also pointed out that my Travel Link services had been interrupted multiple times during the last 6 months (as such I'd been issued a small credit for the interruption to apply to my next subscription).

Ultimately I was charged $36.75 through a convoluted method of discounts, that took advantage of prorating the 5 days I had left on my service and the service interruption credit I had. All said I got a great deal, but I would have preferred they hadn't used my credits to adjust the price. I wouldn't have cared if my radio hadn't had an entire feature set not working for a few months due to a recognized issue SiriusXM has had.

Honestly I couldn't even begin to tell you how they arrived at that final price, but I still think my previous pricing can work as a guideline for those trying to get the best deal.

My base rate for a 6 month deal has been calculated on the following:

XM Select 6 Month @ 24.99
SiriusXM Travel Link 6 Month @ 5.97
NavTraffic 6 Month @ 11.97
U.S. Music Royalty Fee @ 3.12
Total Charges = $46.05

Your mileage may very, but you might be able to bring that price down further by utilizing:

• Phone Payment Discount @ -2.00
  • Or push for a One-Time Courtesy Credit of some kind.
Using these add'l methods, I'd gotten my previous renewal down to $34.05.

Finally, my honest disclaimer: I'm fully prepared to cancel my service. All the features are redundant in my car and the music selection, in my opinion, is not worth the premium pricing. I prefer my iPhone (WAZE, Pandora, Stitcher, Spotify, Rdio, Tunein, etc.), but if I can keep within this pricing range, I'm happy to pay that for the SiriusXM features.

Hope this helps!
post #576 of 589 Old 07-08-2015, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
All Access renewal easy as pie

Today is 7/8/15 and I have a radio that was set to renew on 7/12/15. I received a renewal notice to renew my Sirius XM All Access for a base price of $239.88 + royalty fee $33.34 for a total of $273.22. No way in hell I was going to pay that. So I called 1-866-431-7474 and was transferred after selecting to cancel. Talked to a live person (does anyone ever get someone who doesn't speak broken English? Hard to understand them.) and told her I got my renewal notice, told her the amount and said that's ridiculous. There's no way I could justify spending that so I need to cancel at of the renewal date or find me a better rate. She looked into my account for a few minutes came back and said good news, I can offer you the "promotional rate" we gave you last year which was $120.00 + fees. So I renewed my All Access at $144.73 all in cost versus the $273.22 on my renewal notice. Hardly any haggle this year. All told, it was about a 10 minute call. I really only listen to it for NASCAR radio and the live Major League Baseball games. Overall I was happy this time.
post #577 of 589 Old 07-11-2015, 05:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Welcome! mnhusker.

I bought a new GMC, so I will get the usual 3-6 months free XM/Sirius programming. I will post again once the free trial expires and tell you guys the renewal deal that I received.
Happy Listening!
post #578 of 589 Old 07-14-2015, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Thanks to the encouragement here, I called Sirius two days before the expiration of my 5 month promo and got a new 6 month promo for $30 total.
It probably helped that, when they asked why I wouldn't renew, I complained that, since they got rid of Classical Pops, there was only one classical music channel, and I wasn't willing to pay a whole lot to listen to one station.
I am, however, willing to pay $5/month.
So if you're looking for a good excuse, use that one!
Michael

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
post #579 of 589 Old 07-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhusker View Post
Today is 7/8/15 and I have a radio that was set to renew on 7/12/15. I received a renewal notice to renew my Sirius XM All Access for a base price of $239.88 + royalty fee $33.34 for a total of $273.22. No way in hell I was going to pay that. So I called 1-866-431-7474 and was transferred after selecting to cancel. Talked to a live person (does anyone ever get someone who doesn't speak broken English? Hard to understand them.) and told her I got my renewal notice, told her the amount and said that's ridiculous. There's no way I could justify spending that so I need to cancel at of the renewal date or find me a better rate. She looked into my account for a few minutes came back and said good news, I can offer you the "promotional rate" we gave you last year which was $120.00 + fees. So I renewed my All Access at $144.73 all in cost versus the $273.22 on my renewal notice. Hardly any haggle this year. All told, it was about a 10 minute call. I really only listen to it for NASCAR radio and the live Major League Baseball games. Overall I was happy this time.
Go Big Red

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #580 of 589 Old 07-19-2015, 11:28 AM

Liked: 13
This is about my 5th renewal by phone. Called 888 601 6302 and got straight through to an operator. Said I did not want to renew at full price. He looked up my account (currently on 5 month $25.00 plans). He said he could give me a 6 month $25.00 plan for both radios. Total was $29.82 each for 6 months Select Package. No hassle, no threatening to cancel. Very smooth. Took less than 5 minutes. I don't know if it was that I called on a Sunday or what. Best experience I have ever had with them.
post #581 of 589 Old 07-20-2015, 12:55 PM

Liked: 0
I've used info on this site to renew with XM Select for an all-in price of $96 and $99 in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Was billed for this year's renewal at an all-in price of $208, which wasn't happening.

I called today and was immediately connected with a representative. Gave him the spiel about how I don't need XM and am ready to cancel unless I can get a really great deal. He immediately offered me an all-in price of $101 per year (that's crediting me the $2 invoice fee at my request) for XM Select. No haggling, other than the invoice fee.

I then asked about the All Access plan since I've never tried XM online. All-in price of $124 and change (again, with the invoice fee credit).

I'll be sending in a check for the balance due, so I'm not worried about renewing at the higher rate. When I don't get a good deal, I'll cancel. I honestly only listen to a couple of channels anyway, and I could easily stream them.

The rep was super-friendly and easy to deal with. Total time in the call was under 10 minutes.
post #582 of 589 Old 07-21-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIII View Post
This is about my 5th renewal by phone. Called 888 601 6302 and got straight through to an operator. Said I did not want to renew at full price. He looked up my account (currently on 5 month $25.00 plans). He said he could give me a 6 month $25.00 plan for both radios. Total was $29.82 each for 6 months Select Package. No hassle, no threatening to cancel. Very smooth. Took less than 5 minutes. I don't know if it was that I called on a Sunday or what. Best experience I have ever had with them.
+1 Worked exactly the same for me today. First time I haven't had to haggle them down to the 5/$25 plan.
post #583 of 589 Old 07-21-2015, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNurse View Post
I've used info on this site to renew with XM Select for an all-in price of $96 and $99 in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Was billed for this year's renewal at an all-in price of $208, which wasn't happening.

I called today and was immediately connected with a representative. Gave him the spiel about how I don't need XM and am ready to cancel unless I can get a really great deal. He immediately offered me an all-in price of $101 per year (that's crediting me the $2 invoice fee at my request) for XM Select. No haggling, other than the invoice fee.

I then asked about the All Access plan since I've never tried XM online. All-in price of $124 and change (again, with the invoice fee credit).

I'll be sending in a check for the balance due, so I'm not worried about renewing at the higher rate. When I don't get a good deal, I'll cancel. I honestly only listen to a couple of channels anyway, and I could easily stream them.

The rep was super-friendly and easy to deal with. Total time in the call was under 10 minutes.
So is that for 1 year? I just bought a Silverado and it comes with a 3 month trial. I would like to get All Access since I like to use the On Demand on the app for some talk shows that I can't listen live. Just trying to see what's the best promo for All Access.

I came...I saw...I bought an HDTV
PSN ID: dlawso235

Last edited by risk235; 07-22-2015 at 05:57 AM.
post #584 of 589 Old 07-23-2015, 12:02 PM

Just renewed...I called the 1-866-635-2349 number. I told them, before I cancel, I would like to see if they have any specials. For reference, I had a 6-month special on an XM Select plan at $25 (before tax and fees) and a Sirius All Access 6-month plan at $49.99 (before tax and fees). Both were set to expire on 8/1/15.

I called today, and stated I would consider renewing if the same rates applied. They agreed, easily too I might add.

So, I renewed at the same rates for both vehicles: 6-month Sirius All Access at $49.99 (before fees and taxes), which includes Internet Radio access, and 6-month XM Select at $25.00 (before fees and taxes)

Easy as pie...for a change! Good luck all.
post #585 of 589 Old 07-26-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnlupiano View Post
Just renewed...I called the 1-866-635-2349 number.
So, I renewed at the same rates for both vehicles: 6-month Sirius All Access at $49.99 (before fees and taxes), which includes Internet Radio access, and 6-month XM Select at $25.00 (before fees and taxes)
This info was very helpful, I just got the same deal. $85.40 including taxes for 6 months for Select on 1 and All access on the other (less than half of what they originally offered). One suggestion to everyone else is to call before your subscription ends. Otherwise there will be a balance on the account (that they will waive) and it becomes very confusing with all of the numbers they throw out at you, especially with multiple
subscriptions.
post #586 of 589 Old 07-28-2015, 10:26 AM

Liked: 2
Spent over 30 minutes talking to agent after 2 previous calls ended with no results for the same previous deal of $25/6 mos. Best deal that was offered on 1 of the previous calls was $10.99 per mo. In any case, had a lot in common with final agent, so, we talked and talked or he did. Finally got to the discussion about discount pricing and he had no problem giving me $25 for 6 month deal. Have 2 cars with Sirius with different account nos and expiration dates. He combined the 2 cars into 1 acct no and renewed both with credit for unused time at the $25/6 mos deal on each car.
Nayan and AlexanderDelarg like this.
post #587 of 589 Old 08-14-2015, 07:56 PM

Got What I Was Aiming For

Called a few nights ago to see what they would do for me, and the agent seemed okay to let me go without a fight. I intentionally didn't push for discounts, but instead did this as a foundation for the future. Next day I got a survey request and ripped them a little (not terribly, but enough to get my point across).

Yesterday, Bill called and we spoke. Early on, he went ahead and offered me $89/year, and I told him that that was just what I was going to ask for. I know this is a business, and I ain't out to gouge them ridiculously.

So, I happily walked away with two (one for each car) yearly rates of $89, which totaled around $218 total.

I'm pretty pleased, considering.
post #588 of 589 Old 08-23-2015, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalflyguy View Post
Spent over 30 minutes talking to agent after 2 previous calls ended with no results for the same previous deal of $25/6 mos. Best deal that was offered on 1 of the previous calls was $10.99 per mo. In any case, had a lot in common with final agent, so, we talked and talked or he did. Finally got to the discussion about discount pricing and he had no problem giving me $25 for 6 month deal. Have 2 cars with Sirius with different account nos and expiration dates. He combined the 2 cars into 1 acct no and renewed both with credit for unused time at the $25/6 mos deal on each car.
$25/6 is the way I go... asked for it twice and gotten it twice. I do always request invoice and mail a check, instead of giving a credit card for them to auto renew.
post #589 of 589 Old Today, 09:14 AM

Liked: 0
$25/6 is great, but what level subscription are you getting? All Access or Select?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio