XM subscription renewal time again...any discount codes? - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

post #631 of 641 Old 12-19-2015, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i regularly renew my 6 mo for 25 plan.. had one rep call my bluff on cancelling, so i hung up and called back.. no issues the 2nd time

my question....
my wife wants internet streaming... and Im thinking about adding the traffic, to improve the nav on my hyundai sonata..
anyone know the best way to handle adding streaming and traffic?
i have 3 radios.. all on the 6/25 plan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 641 Old 12-26-2015, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I let mine run out .. It was "mostly music" I think .. It expired in November and they just shut it off last week. They have called and E- Mailed relentlessly ... My CC had some type of Fraud alert on it so the CC company sent me a new card with different #'s and cancelled the # Sirius had on file ... They were stuck ! .. So what is the difference between "all excess" and "select" I have been reading you talking about ..And what is the difference between those two and mostly music ?
What kind of deals can I get them too on mostly music ?

Thanks
post #633 of 641 Old 12-27-2015, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 48
All Access is everything. It's Select + Internet, plus a few extra sports channels (MLB, NBA, NHL, Golf). Mostly Music removes the sports, comedy, Howard Stern, artist dedicated channels, and many of the news channels, compared with Select. (Personally, "B.B. King's Bluesville" was the only Select channel I was occasionally listening to, so I dropped to Mostly Music, despite losing that one channel.)
http://www.siriusxm.com/ourmostpopularpackages
http://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup/
The above has links to the package channel lineups. Not sure if there is a master lineup grid with all the packages shown with marks as to what is included in each, all shown at the same time.

Need help with your Motorola DVR? Check the Wikibook: How to use a Motorola DVR

Last edited by andyross63; 12-27-2015 at 06:59 AM.
post #634 of 641 Old 12-27-2015, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyross63 View Post
All Access is everything. It's Select + Internet, plus a few extra sports channels (MLB, NBA, NHL, Golf). Mostly Music removes the sports, comedy, Howard Stern, artist dedicated channels, and many of the news channels, compared with Select. (Personally, "B.B. King's Bluesville" was the only Select channel I was occasionally listening to, so I dropped to Mostly Music, despite losing that one channel.)
http://www.siriusxm.com/ourmostpopularpackages
http://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup/
The above has links to the package channel lineups. Not sure if there is a master lineup grid with all the packages shown with marks as to what is included in each, all shown at the same time.

Ok thanks .. how much are you guys paying for mostly Music .. ( A year)
post #635 of 641 Old 12-27-2015, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just received a letter from SiriusXM about my automatic renewal for my all access account for my Onyx Plus radio.
They raised my yearly rate to $240 a year plus royalties to make it $275 a year!!

So I have a reminder in my phone to call to cancel and workout a deal right before it expires.

I was paying $199 a year for the past 2 years. Plus I have an account for my car which is $25 for 5 months. So I always have to call to renegotiate that one also.

Xbox name- D0NGINAT0R (those are zero's in my name)
post #636 of 641 Old 01-02-2016, 06:36 PM

Liked: 11
Unhappy Well, THAT was NOT as PAINLESS as it has been….

So, my SiriusXM renewals seem to be getting progressively more challenging for my 2013 Volt with Travel Link & NavTraffic.

As usual I called 866-635-2349 and followed the prompts for cancellation. I was polite, reasonable, but firm with Raphael, the rep I spoke to. Maybe I projected, but right off the bat I could tell from his tone that he wasn't going to make it easy for me. He reminded me of a financial advisor offering such a complex investment product that, when it was all said and done, you had no idea what the heck you'd just agreed to.

I stopped him and tried to steer him back towards simplicity. I reviewed previous pricing I'd had and said I would cancel if they couldn't do better, or at least match it. (Since I completed my initial trial, I've paid near, or sometimes significantly less than, $50/6 months.) Again he provided me with an explanation of what he could offer that was SO convoluted I finally insisted on speaking to a supervisor. Initially he refused, saying he hadn't had an opportunity to fully explain the offer. I cut him short, told him I was hearing his explanations, but for the life of me couldn't understand how he was coming to the numbers he was reaching. Again he insisted he'd not fully explained the offer. Frustrated I reminded him that "the customer is asking to speak to a supervisor."

After a long hold, I was connected with Raphael's supervisor. I explained the situation and my experience thus far. Without hesitation he offered to match my previous offer with a slight increase to the Royalty fees. And surprisingly, though my previous offer had expired over a week ago, they didn't charge me the usual prorated fee (at the full rate). I thanked him for that, along with making the process clear and transparent.

XM Select 6 Month @ 24.99
SiriusXM Travel Link 6 Month @ 5.97
NavTraffic 6 Month @ 11.97
U.S. Music Royalty Fee @ 3.47
Phone Payment Discount @ -2.00
Total Charges = $43.70

And just like that it was done.

FYI: I always try to arrange a longer term subscription, but to date, they still have not been able to beat their 6 month subscription offers.

Finally, my honest disclaimer: I'm fully prepared to cancel my service. All the features are redundant in my car and the music selection, in my opinion, is not worth the premium pricing. I prefer my iPhone (WAZE, Pandora, Stitcher, Spotify, Rdio, Tunein, etc.), but if I can keep within this pricing range, I'm happy to pay that for the SiriusXM features.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Ergolad; 01-02-2016 at 06:44 PM.
post #637 of 641 Old 01-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Happy New Year!

XM select is 6months/$30-
post #638 of 641 Old 01-04-2016, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Happy New Year!

XM select is 6months/$30-
It is but then it reverts to regular rates, my free trial is up soon and was offered that but if you go 12 months it is $99 plus royalty and fees and comes to $112.76. Anybody get anything better than that?

Also my wife's free trial is up and I chatted with an agent who said they couldn't bundle us both together.
post #639 of 641 Old 01-10-2016, 03:48 PM

Liked: 0
In case you are on the other side of the spectrum, and don't care about the cost .... a three-year multi-radio for the second to infinite radio is $15.65/month if you include the royalties. The breakdown is the 19.99 all-access becomes 14.99 for multi-radio, and then you only have to pay for 33 months instead of 36 months. Royalties clock in at roughly at $1.90/month.

I work in a heavily IP oriented fields (high-tech), and I listen to alot of music when I work, rest etc, so I can't justify the bad karma and lack of choices if I went free "or builtup" pod-casts. Pandora gets pretty repetitive after a while, and never felt the urge to jump to spotify or others.

+-ADT
post #640 of 641 Old 01-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Thanks! for sharing- mylan
post #641 of 641 Old 01-31-2016, 10:09 PM

Liked: 0
Hi all, I was able to negotiate some time ago for the 6/25 deal for one car. But I recently purchased a new vehicle, and the Sirius radio trial is about to run out. How much should I be paying if I am to combine both cars under one account?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio